Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45

Thread: Chippenham Today

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    He hasn't lately, he's worked as hard as anyone in a City shirt.

    He's been superb.
    Fair enough I've not seen us for over a month, but he was really bad against Hampton for example but for the goal.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    He hasn't lately, he's worked as hard as anyone in a City shirt.

    He's been superb.
    And he's regularly been given some pretty extreme treatment...first half v Billericay especially.

  3. #33
    Well done and thank you Mike Cooke, his staff and of course the players.

  4. #34
    What an unbelievable turnaround in form since Mike Cook, Andy Hoskins and the rest of the backroom staff came to the club. After that dreadful defeat to Weston I was looking on Google maps to see where the hell Hartley Witney was. Not only did they stop us shipping goals for fun but they also pulled off an absolute masterstroke by bringing Fabien Robert back to the club. He is without a doubt one of the best players I've ever seen grace our shirt. I also think a lot of the loans they’ve brought in, unlike Todd, really did improve and balance the side. It would be incredibly sad if those two don’t keep their positions for next season considering the results and performances they’ve provided. Surely inevitable that they will lead us home!

    It's also worth a mention for all the volunteers who do so much for the club in their spare time. Yesterday for example fans covered stewarding as well as other positions, not to mention others stepping up into urgent positions to effectively keep this club running. We might be playing outside of Gloucester right now but the pride and passion for this club can never be taken away. Things have been quite fractious of late between fans but now the dust is starting to settle a little I think everyone would agree that there is something very special about this football club, a lot of other clubs would have long gone to the wall in similar circumstances. Yet another attendance of over 400 there yesterday despite having to make a 50+ mile round trip.

    A big few weeks coming up now. The future is hopefully very bright!

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom Joly's Publicist View Post
    What an unbelievable turnaround in form since Mike Cook, Andy Hoskins and the rest of the backroom staff came to the club. After that dreadful defeat to Weston I was looking on Google maps to see where the hell Hartley Witney was. Not only did they stop us shipping goals for fun but they also pulled off an absolute masterstroke by bringing Fabien Robert back to the club. He is without a doubt one of the best players I've ever seen grace our shirt. I also think a lot of the loans they’ve brought in, unlike Todd, really did improve and balance the side. It would be incredibly sad if those two don’t keep their positions for next season considering the results and performances they’ve provided. Surely inevitable that they will lead us home!

    It's also worth a mention for all the volunteers who do so much for the club in their spare time. Yesterday for example fans covered stewarding as well as other positions, not to mention others stepping up into urgent positions to effectively keep this club running. We might be playing outside of Gloucester right now but the pride and passion for this club can never be taken away. Things have been quite fractious of late between fans but now the dust is starting to settle a little I think everyone would agree that there is something very special about this football club, a lot of other clubs would have long gone to the wall in similar circumstances. Yet another attendance of over 400 there yesterday despite having to make a 50+ mile round trip.

    A big few weeks coming up now. The future is hopefully very bright!
    Absolute excellent post

  6. #36
    What was the attendance yesterday? also i think that there should be a shout out for the directors and non exec directors and those who work behind the scenes, without these people we would not have a club

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by GDE View Post
    What was the attendance yesterday?
    409 in attendance.

  8. #38
    Great result yesterday. Great work by Cook and Hosky changing things at half time. When did we last come from 2 down to win? Players, staff, and fans deserved to sign off with a home win. Well done all involved.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    Must admit there is a little part of me disappointed that there is nothing to play for at Woking as would have been nice to have celebrated a final day safety, but obviously mainly glad it is all over. Todd was sending us down and like Lee I thought the new appointment would also send us down, but he made us hard to beat as we were under Ricco and we have just about got ourselves out of it. Robert may do little for most of the game but fair play he can score some wonder goals and they have kept us up.
    Bloody hell Dazzler!

    When you take a pint glass and pour liquid into it to the half way mark, do you look at your handiwork and think glass half full, or glass half empty? Knowing you, neither. You probably just think its a shit glass.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandy. View Post
    Bloody hell Dazzler!

    When you take a pint glass and pour liquid into it to the half way mark, do you look at your handiwork and think glass half full, or glass half empty? Knowing you, neither. You probably just think its a shit glass.
    Close the forum down, Shandy has just completed it 😂😂😂

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •