Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Club Badge

We are non league club run by people with day jobs and volunteers. Chill out everyone, perhaps everyone can moan like hell after Easter. Boxing day at merthyr and home to Swindon supermarine nyd if not careful

I've heard of soft launches before, but this one is so soft it's just trickled out of someone's back passage. Which is fitting considering the design of the new badge.

Much like the kit colour, I'm much more annoyed about the terrible communication than the design of the badge. The fans deserve better.

We're getting very good at covertly slipping out bits of club information. What shall we do next? Put out our team sheet in semaphore? Release a worldwide Da Vinci Code style treasure hunt to find out our summer signings? Could be fun...

I’m sorry but who cares what badge is on the shirt - imo if u ask everyone for thier opinion you will never get everyone to agree so at times you have to be a bit dictatorial ( ps I have no special allegence to AP at all) In business do the owners/directors run every decision past the work force No.
    Anyway we need three Points at Truro - BE THERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladfans View Post
    I’m sorry but who cares what badge is on the shirt - imo if u ask everyone for thier opinion you will never get everyone to agree so at times you have to be a bit dictatorial ( ps I have no special allegence to AP at all) In business do the owners/directors run every decision past the work force No.
    Anyway we need three Points at Truro - BE THERE.
    Ever fancied emigrating to North Korea, would be right up your street

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Ever fancied emigrating to North Korea, would be right up your street
    Cu u at Truro.

Both excellent posts by NigeGlos and Gladfans and see you in Truro, Gladfans 😉

I'm not massively keen on the new badge, the design seems a bit too cluttered to me. I wasn't a massive fan of the current one either tbh, though at least you could make the argument it is distinctive and clean for using in digital media which is probably what matters most these days. None of it upsets me as much as the change of club colours talked about elsewhere.

What does worry me more, like others have already mentioned, is again the way fundamental changes are being made to the club without taking in to account the views of the supporters. It's all fine and dandy to talk about who is putting the money in - but that seems to entirely miss the point of what a football club can be and who it is for.

Perhaps all of this would be easier to stomach if we were being blown away by the smooth operation of the club, but we aren't. There are precious few opportunities for a club to generate publicity but a change of badge is one of those rare chances - I presume those carrying out the badge change are proud of it and want to use it to promote the club and try to reconnect it more to the city we've been away from for so long. This doesn't achieve that. And to slip something else so potentially divisive out to cause more sideshows and arguments amongst our weary fanbase at a time when the club is in the midst of such a difficult relegation scrap seems a little unnecessary too.

It's entirely fair to point out we now have a very small group who I'm sure are doing their best, mainly in their spare time, as volunteers, and doing anything much at a club like ours is often the entirely literal thankless task. My frustrations are vented in sorrow as much as anger. But I do think it's fair to point out there is a lot of experience, expertise and goodwill around the club and things may all go a lot smoother if real attempts are made to use that rather than seemingly alienate so many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladfans View Post
    Cu u at Truro.
    I'll stay less than 3 1/2 hours from home with my heavily pregnant wife Gladders, shit fan, good husband.

Quote Originally Posted by t-towel View Post
    I'm not massively keen on the new badge, the design seems a bit too cluttered to me. I wasn't a massive fan of the current one either tbh, though at least you could make the argument it is distinctive and clean for using in digital media which is probably what matters most these days. None of it upsets me as much as the change of club colours talked about elsewhere.

What does worry me more, like others have already mentioned, is again the way fundamental changes are being made to the club without taking in to account the views of the supporters. It's all fine and dandy to talk about who is putting the money in - but that seems to entirely miss the point of what a football club can be and who it is for.

Perhaps all of this would be easier to stomach if we were being blown away by the smooth operation of the club, but we aren't. There are precious few opportunities for a club to generate publicity but a change of badge is one of those rare chances - I presume those carrying out the badge change are proud of it and want to use it to promote the club and try to reconnect it more to the city we've been away from for so long. This doesn't achieve that. And to slip something else so potentially divisive out to cause more sideshows and arguments amongst our weary fanbase at a time when the club is in the midst of such a difficult relegation scrap seems a little unnecessary too.

It's entirely fair to point out we now have a very small group who I'm sure are doing their best, mainly in their spare time, as volunteers, and doing anything much at a club like ours is often the entirely literal thankless task. My frustrations are vented in sorrow as much as anger. But I do think it's fair to point out there is a lot of experience, expertise and goodwill around the club and things may all go a lot smoother if real attempts are made to use that rather than seemingly alienate so many people.
    Nail on the head for me. Great post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I'll stay less than 3 1/2 hours from home with my heavily pregnant wife Gladders, shit fan, good husband.
    Your wife is also called Gladders?