Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: The Ricay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Tango View Post
    Personally I find these both statements an absolute joke if Iím honest

I joined the ST as I believe I can really make a difference to the club and have some excellent ideas for fundraisers etc not just a quiz night, which donít get me wrong was enjoyable and benefited the club but I draw the line at being followed to the toilet Incase I was cheating ffs!!

After our first meeting a week ago it real does feel as the future is very bright for the ST indeed

As for the employment part Iím literally pissing myself. Who wouldnít when theyíve been genuinely been held in high regard and even been considered in the first place for this particular role with excellent prospects to better myself and gain a brighter future for my family not jump at the chance?
    I have no doubt you will do an excellent job in both roles, but if it hasnít occurred to anyone that there is a potential conflict of interests then Iíd be amazed

Quote Originally Posted by City supporter View Post
    AGREED ! can't remember the Trust being in such poor shape in years. I can see why Taff resigned.
    What a lovely welcome to those who've recently joined the board for the first time, in an attempt to do something positive.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigermatty View Post
    I have no doubt you will do an excellent job in both roles, but if it hasnít occurred to anyone that there is a potential conflict of interests then Iíd be amazed
    Just want the best for the club and the trust aswell as bringing back some fun to events etc. I apologise if thatís to much,letís get back to being wankers and moaning bout everything shall we?

[QUOTE=City supporter;14360]AGREED ! can't remember the Trust being in such poor shape in years. I can see why Taff resigned.[/QUOTE

Why donít you come to games and actually support the team and the club but insist on lingering about to stick the boot in when things arent going all that well?

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    What a lovely welcome to those who've recently joined the board for the first time, in an attempt to do something positive.
    And giving up their own time as well

I was one of those that spoke to Alex at both Eastbourne and on Saturday, although it certainly wasnít me or any of those around me using bad language.
    I asked Alex if it was safe to assume that the Board was of the opinion that the whole Westbury Homes colour change was wrong. He confirmed it was. Well whatís happening now is worse imo, because mistakes of the past are being repeated not learned from.
    In a time when the club really needs everyone pulling together, theyíve done something which was always going to be divisive. Unforgivable.
    There are those that will stick up for AP but unfortunately actions speak louder than words, and money canít buy you everything.

Personally I've only ever known yellow and black, and have never really taken much notice of the badge. I don't care anywhere as much as many do on here about the end result, but am concerned about the way this has happened. If Joe Green, the most polite man in the world, can get annoyed then this is a barometer that the club should take notice of. That kid is scared of his own shadow.

I do agree that Geoff Hester and Westbury did shaft this club though, earning a fortune and placing us down in the floodplain. The Council have taken a lot of flak for that over the years but unfortunately the club took the shilling on that one, so I can see why some want to reverse that association, albeit 35 years too late.

Let's hope that the chant of 'Yellow and Black City are back' doesn't get replaced with 'White and Red City are dead'.

The red and black kit worn by the City girls team looks very good. My girl is captain of the U12s (Javelins) and this is one of her favourite kits worn. The girls are getting brand new kit with new sponsors next year, wonder if its all connected.....

I am really worried this evening that the way things are going, whether the club is relegated or not, a number of other people are likely to leave and I wonder how EMG will do on his own. The number of volunteers are at an all time low, so if any of the people at the top call it a day too, I really fear for the future. The revolving door is still spinning wildly and who can stop it; and most importantly, does anyone know how to stop it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Joly's Publicist View Post
    Not really, that's just one very recent example. I'm pretty sure Mr Vince changed their club badge, their colours and now wants to move them to a totally different area of Gloucestershire too. But anyway I digress, please carry on with the usual "whoever is a the helm I'll dig at" posts.
    Excuse me !!!! has the word negativity reared it's head again.