Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ricay.

Unfortunately this Club has become like a series of television sitcom. I have no clue what is really going on. Cannot people communicate properly? A bit of honesty would not go amiss. Prams and toys!!

Agatha Christie, JK Rowling and Roald Dhal would love some of the characters around us in recent times.

Wake me up after this season is over please! Or not .

No different to many other clubs I would suggest. Indeed your very own FGR have had their fair share of comedy sideshows, only difference is their rather authoritarian forum is run by the club rather than volunteers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Joly's Publicist View Post
    No different to many other clubs I would suggest. Indeed your very own FGR have had their fair share of comedy sideshows, only difference is their rather authoritarian forum is run by the club rather than volunteers.
    Chris why do you allude to FGR when I have had no role with them for 7 years +.

I am a City boy and supported them on the terraces home and away back in the 60’s.

I wish them the best but the Club has got itself into a pickle. I do not condone abuse of officials. In any shape or form but also recognise frustration, which Taff referred to. Clarity is required, even if some subjects have a difficulty about them. Saying nothing allows rumours to become rife.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandman View Post
    Unfortunately this Club has become like a series of television sitcom. I have no clue what is really going on. Cannot people communicate properly? A bit of honesty would not go amiss. Prams and toys!!

Agatha Christie, JK Rowling and Roald Dhal would love some of the characters around us in recent times.

Wake me up after this season is over please! Or not .
    Totally agreed with the above. To many good people have left, or forced to leave the club and as a result the club is definitely in poor shape. Where is the transparency these days. Has the art of communication been lost. Lets hope the new Trust Chairman is able to converse with members of the exec Board, ask relevant questions concerning all aspects without being told not to be 'negative'...….Worrying times at this juncture of GCAFC's history.

Because you post on their forum and refer to them as "our"? Wasn't a slur, just an observation.

But that's not really the point, was just remarking that a nearby club with on and off the field situations in a completely different realm to ours also have internal bickering. A quick visit there today shows a 5 page thread about a long term fan being banned for instance.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by City supporter View Post
    Totally agreed with the above. To many good people have left, or forced to leave the club and as a result the club is definitely in poor shape. Where is the transparency these days. Has the art of communication been lost. Lets hope the new Trust Chairman is able to converse with members of the exec Board, ask relevant questions concerning all aspects without being told not to be 'negative'...….Worrying times at this juncture of GCAFC's history.
    Given that at least one member of the ST board is an employee of one of the Club directors then I wouldn’t hold out much hope on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Joly's Publicist View Post
    Because you post on their forum and refer to them as "our"? Wasn't a slur, just an observation.

But that's not really the point, was just remarking that a nearby club with on and off the field situations in a completely different realm to ours also have internal bickering. A quick visit there today shows a 5 page thread about a long term fan being banned for instance.
    That's petty in comparison to the problems this Club has now and in the past decade or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigermatty View Post
    Given that at least one member of the ST board is an employee of one of the Club directors then I wouldn’t hold out much hope on that front.
    AGREED ! can't remember the Trust being in such poor shape in years. I can see why Taff resigned.

Quote Originally Posted by City supporter View Post
    That's petty in comparison to the problems this Club has now and in the past decade or more.
    Not really, that's just one very recent example. I'm pretty sure Mr Vince changed their club badge, their colours and now wants to move them to a totally different area of Gloucestershire too. But anyway I digress, please carry on with the usual "whoever is a the helm I'll dig at" posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigermatty View Post
    Given that at least one member of the ST board is an employee of one of the Club directors then I wouldnÂhold out much hope on that front.
    Personally I find these both statements an absolute joke if I’m honest

I joined the ST as I believe I can really make a difference to the club and have some excellent ideas for fundraisers etc not just a quiz night, which don’t get me wrong was enjoyable and benefited the club but I draw the line at being followed to the toilet Incase I was cheating ffs!!

After our first meeting a week ago it real does feel as the future is very bright for the ST indeed

As for the employment part I’m literally pissing myself. Who wouldn’t when they’ve been genuinely been held in high regard and even been considered in the first place for this particular role with excellent prospects to better myself and gain a brighter future for my family not jump at the chance?