Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ricay.

The Ricay.

Haven't been any posts today, and I'm getting sick of checking!
    Thought I'd start the match thread now.

Happy with a point?

Expect 3 as they haven't won in 7 games?

What team would you field?
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

The lack of activity was annoying me too.

Will probably take a point as I can't remember what it feels like to win at home (September was a long time ago).

I reckon 0-0 or 1-1.

The team largely picks itself, but I'd leave Joe Parker as an impact sub to bring on.

My hope is that Mike will go for it. Parker for Thomas, Smerdon for Hodges with Mawf to right back. Gives us a good bench to consolidate with Zack to replace Joe if need be ( not to mention Jack 'Spack'), Thomas to bolster midfield and Hodges giving extra defensive cover. Forecast is light easterly breeze so weather shouldn't be a factor.
    Last edited by CityGull; 12-04-19 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CityGull View Post
    My hope is that Mike will go for it. Parker for Thomas, Smerdon for Hodges with Mawf to right back. Gives us a good bench to consolidate with Zack to replace Joe if need be ( not to mention Jack 'Spack'), Thomas to bolster midfield and Hodges giving extra defensive cover. Forecast is light easterly breeze so weather shouldn't be a factor.
    Love it, go for it all to gain, nothing to lose.
    zac has been disappointing since his return.Dejon showing potential.

Slightly concerning that this is showing as the 666th thread on the forum! Hopefully not a bad sign...touch wood. Not that Iím superstitious!

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatt View Post
    Slightly concerning that this is showing as the 666th thread on the forum! Hopefully not a bad sign...touch wood. Not that I’m superstitious!
    You should be - lost 4-1 Also destroys our GD advantage.

Good news is that of the bottom six only WSM & Truro got anything today. The way Weston are going I can see them digging themselves out of the mire.
    Last edited by drbob; 13-04-19 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drbob View Post
    You should be - lost 4-1 Also destroys our GD advantage.

Good news is that of the bottom six only WSM & Truro got anything today. The way Weston are going I can see them digging themselves out of the mire.
    Almost impossible for them to catch us though as we are 7 points clear of them with 3 to play. I can't see East Thurrock catching us now either so it is one of us, Truro, Hungerford or Eastbourne for the one remaining spot. Everyone else is now safe. As for Woking they are 5 points clear over 2nd place Welling so you would hope that will be enough to see them have 2nd wrapped up before we have to play them.

Hungerford, Truro and East Thurrock will all play before we play Truro a week today.

That second half was embarrassing. The first half we were brilliant, played some good stuff and we were going for a win. Second half (bar a 5 minute spell at 3-1) we just sat back and offered nothing.

Horrible, arrogant bunch too. What a crap day. At least the rugby team won.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    That second half was embarrassing. The first half we were brilliant, played some good stuff and we were going for a win. Second half (bar a 5 minute spell at 3-1) we just sat back and offered nothing.

Horrible, arrogant bunch too. What a crap day. At least the rugby team won.
    Their Keeper was a class chap. Wished us good luck at FT and said we are safe, but he'll probably cost them a playoff place. Bar those fools abusing their team at half time, found their supporters very friendly too.

Left feeling remarkably upbeat after a 4-1 defeat, due to the other results.

And then i heard the eggy thicknecks had won, and it spoilt the day.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Eastbourne matched Toddís record of no win in 14 games today. Letís hope they smash that record and make it 17!