Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CG

CG

http://www.gloucestercityafc.com/vic...oucester-city/

Very sad news this and Iím sure 99.9% of you will agree with me.

Chris is definitely one of lifeís good guys and although we gave him stick when he first come in, unlike the previous regime he actually sat down with you gave you the time of day and didnít treat you like a right wing Nazi thug which some did.

He was instrumental in backing me after a certain incident on the coast and I honestly believe he helped me turn my life around after that when I genuinely felt like ending it all (not many know that) He went above the call of duty to defend me when many others at the club wouldnít and I will be internally greatful
    (and you Rod donít worry &#128521

Heís also landed me what I call a dream job and many thanks to AP to for that 👍🏻

Iím also partial to Eggs Benedict and butter milk chicken now

Sad to hear, Chris can be incredibly proud of his contribution and the way he has conducted himself, he has had to deal with upheaval and change continuously since he arrived but he carried on doing whatever needed doing for the good of the club, always in a professional manner. I am personally grateful to Chris for giving me the time of day when he had every right not to, and giving me the opportunity to assist the club to return home. It’s no coincidence that the stadium progressed massively since the arrival of Rod and Chris thanks to their understanding of the value of teamwork.

Thanks Chris for all you did. Always approachable and a thoroughly nice guy.I wish u well.

Are we to read anything into this or has he simply not got the time anymore?

Thanks Chris for what you have done, hope you will still be supporting the team, always sad when someone steps down and no Darren, don't read anything into it, as mentioned before running the club takes a lot of man hours and we all have full time jobs as well

Quote Originally Posted by Kingo View Post
    Thanks Chris for what you have done, hope you will still be supporting the team, always sad when someone steps down and no Darren, don't read anything into it, as mentioned before running the club takes a lot of man hours and we all have full time jobs as well
    Fair enough although doesn't really mention that in his statement which is why I asked. Understand that it takes a lot of time, but just seems an odd time to announce it.

This news saddens and worries me and I don't know why. Maybe its because of losing someone with such long association and a clear love of the club. This is not a dig at the johnny come latelys but a comment that we cannot afford to lose too many of those that have been at the club for more years than they care to remember. Roots of the club

I've never met Chris, as far as I know, but I'm sure he'll never be too far away, this club is difficult to escape from.

He'll be in Truro if I have to kidnap him.

Absolutely top bloke, who did a huge amount in a relatively short time. Often got left to do the dirty work, and there are only so many hours in the day when you also have to earn a living.

Cheers Beast.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Are we seriously going to peddle the line that this was to do with having a day job when we all know the real reason?

Thanks for everything Chris. Gave a lot for the club. Certainly helped us to start getting home. All the best.