Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: City vs Welling

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Joly's Publicist View Post
    Problem stems from the disastrous Todd era when he changed almost the entire team for garbage leaving us with a thread bare squad. What Mike Cook and his team have done since is nothing short of a miracle really. With Todd still in charge we would have been relegated weeks ago. Beat Eastbourne and Truro and we'll stay up I reckon, but Evesham is ruining us.
    Encapsulated perfectly

What Nigel said.

Regards the accident, they were putting a baby in an ambulance when we went passed.

Puts football in its place.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Joly's Publicist View Post
    Problem stems from the disastrous Todd era when he changed almost the entire team for garbage leaving us with a thread bare squad.
    Correct and we didn’t exactly start the season with a great squad in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeglos View Post
    If we do go down, it won't have been because of today's game
    Indeed. I was too ill to make it in the end, but it sounds as though it played out as you might expect against a team on such good form.

If only we'd pulled the trigger on Todd before the Weston games. We'd probably have am extra 5 points, which would make a huge difference.

You can't blame Todd someone higher up in the club gave him the job and a contract but failed to back him with the money he needed to strengthen the squad that was already a very poor team. Since he left we have only brought in loanee kids and although the fans have been crying out for a proper striker the club wont spend the money so we are where we are up the creek without a paddle, I will be vary surprised if we are playing at the level next season.

Completely disagree about Todd. You just need to look at the points total under cookie as a comparison. What is especially poor is he was so bad around Xmas against sides around us. Going to weston looking for nil nil, unforgivable. Someone appointed him but if we do go down, I will look at him as the main reason.
    I doubt cookie got any more budget but he has got better results with similar players against better sides.

On another note they were a horrible arrogant club from players to officials.

And yes that lanky streak of p”!@ defender was right we won’t be “playing a proper team next season innit fella”

It's the run between September to early January when six poinrs were picked up which has left us in this mess. The other teams in and around us were always going to start picking up points which puts the pressure back on us. Yes todd was probably given too long but the discontentbon here only started after the wsm game.

Didn't offer enough up front again yesterday which has been obvious since laat summer. If we concede at "home" we just don't look like getting back in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Tango View Post
    On another note they were a horrible arrogant club from players to officials.

And yes that lanky streak of p”!@ defender was right we won’t be “playing a proper team next season innit fella”
    Including the director who left the ground before the game because he didn’t like the food that was offered to him.

Left the ground before the game?!?!

What on earth was he offered?? ��
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.