Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I saw this on Twitter

I saw this on Twitter

Make a combined XI for the team you support comprising the squads from the 1998/99, 2008/09 and 2018/19 seasons. How many get in from the current squad?

https://twitter.com/GoalscorerC/status/1108051783027490816

This is mine.

1 Matt Yates
    2 Jon Holloway
    3 Lee Marshall
    4 Gary Thorne
    5 Sam Avery
    6 Tom Webb
    7 Alex Sykes
    8 Chris Burns
    9 Jack Pitcher
    10 Adie Mings
    11 Tony Hemmings

Spencer for me I really rate him for player of the season

Not a fan of Steve Mokler then Neil ?

I'd not be able to pick anyone in front of Steve Fergusson as a centre back myself

No. It was close between Kev Sawyer and Yates, they'd have been ahead of Mokler.

I always stood behind the goal so didn't see the best of Fergie as a defender.

Yes, when you pick those three seasons you don't get quite the goalkeeping choice you'd like - and I don't really like to nominate a loanee anyway.

When it comes to Fergie, he was a colossus. I think Leroy saw that. How on earth he wasn't picked up as a kid and turned into a full-time pro at a good club always baffled me.

I used to like Andy Mainwaring... funny how him Hemmings and Mings were all left footers.

Never saw Matt Yates play but out Id go for Mockler simply for his banter with the T-END.

Gary Kemp was a real heart on sleeve defender he would be in it for sure imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Yes, when you pick those three seasons you don't get quite the goalkeeping choice you'd like - and I don't really like to nominate a loanee anyway.

When it comes to Fergie, he was a colossus. I think Leroy saw that. How on earth he wasn't picked up as a kid and turned into a full-time pro at a good club always baffled me.
    I suspect your choice would be the same as mine, Phil. "Shape"?

Fergie was too slow for league football imo.

But he wouldn't have been had he been picked up as a kid

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    Gary Kemp was a real heart on sleeve defender he would be in it for sure imo.
    He was with Mangotsfield when we held a minutes silence for Pete Chase. He was late out to the dugout and simply couldn't stand still and wait so we had silence with the sound of his studs sneaking along on the concrete.

Not for me, thanks.