Thread: Trevor Horsley R.I.P.

Trevor Horsley R.I.P.

https://twitter.com/dervtheswerve/status/1107736493110554631

The man who made FGR the club they are today

It is with deep sadness the family of Trevor Horsley, the ex Chairman of Forest Green Rovers FC, regrettably announce to his many friends and past colleagues that he died in London on the evening of Monday 18th March, after a long illness.

Mr Horsley (63) was instrumental in the growth of the Nailsworth based Gloucestershire club from the early 90’s and will be remembered with much admiration by many associated not only with the Club itself; but a multitude of people across the football world, through his connections with The National League, whom he served for several years as a Board Director and of course his life long devotion to his beloved Leeds United; and a much travelled supporter of the England national team.

Trevor was a true gritty Yorkshireman and made his home in the Stroud Valleys, when he moved his business Western Thermal Limited, into Stonehouse in the late 1980's.

Details of funeral arrangements will be notified in due course.

My personal comment on his passing:

I have lost a long time friend.

God bless you Big Trev.

Dignity to the end.

Will always remember everything you did.
    A true football man.

One of the most influential people in Gloucestershire’s football history. A heck of a nice chap and worked wonders at Forest Green. RIP Trevor

Offered to join the board at city one time when we financially strapped.

A thoroughly decent chap who transformed FGR, can't help but enviously admire what he achieved. Helped us out on a number of occasions when I was better connected with the club but he would never shout about it

Top man and modest with it.
    A great loss.Best wishes at this sad time .