Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: When is THE MEETING?

Is there only 1 director now. Thought we had a few more on board. fair enough he doesn't do social media but does that mean the club has to suffer communication.

I thought there were a few directors, Jody, Rob etc along with Rod being the chairman and Chris Gage the vice chairman. Has that changed then?

As Colin alluded to earlier in the thread, the legal situation is more complex than simply being a director due to the way the shares are distributed with Gloucester City 1980 Ltd and the ownership of the land that the ground will sit on. This will affect how funding can be obtained for sure I'd have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingo View Post
    I have just been speaking with Alex Petherham, he asked me to say that his social media is zero, doesn't do Twitter, Instagram, nothing. He did say though that if fans want to put any questions about the ground or anything on here, then after the managers interview tomorrow, we will film him being asked these questions and hear his answers.

He also said that he is happy to talk to fans at games, tomorrow, Saturday at Dartford - if you don't know him come and see me ( everyone must know me!!) and I will introduce you to him
    Is this approach from Alex a replacement for the fans forum that was going to take place?

Tell Alex his account on here is active now if he wants to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingo View Post
    I have just been speaking with Alex Petherham, he asked me to say that his social media is zero, doesn't do Twitter, Instagram, nothing. He did say though that if fans want to put any questions about the ground or anything on here, then after the managers interview tomorrow, we will film him being asked these questions and hear his answers.

He also said that he is happy to talk to fans at games, tomorrow, Saturday at Dartford - if you don't know him come and see me ( everyone must know me!!) and I will introduce you to him
    Iíve seen first hand and especially today how much effort he puts into this football club so I for one am not gonna slate him. Heís always very approachable as Trev says and will find you honest answers. As for the ones wanting answers to the certain questions I very much doubt they will be in attendance tomorrow and certainly wonít be at Dartford.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Tango View Post
    As for the ones wanting answers to the certain questions I very much doubt they will be in attendance tomorrow and certainly won’t be at Dartford.
    No, but they might have been in attendance to the fans forum, if and when it happens. ��

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    No, but they might have been in attendance to the fans forum, if and when it happens. ��
    Well I canít answer that unfortunately or give a date

Evening, I won't be hosting a forum myself. I've just gained access to this site and i'm happy to post on it. But as i've written on another post tonight, I don't ever want personal abuse. Happy for banter and happy to have a beer in the bar tomorrow to chat. Cheers AP

Thanks Alex, I appreciate your efforts in responding and that you're prepared to answer some questions once the Facebook managers interview has been recorded after tonights game.

I would like to know if there are still plans for a forum, if so, when and who will be in attendance? As Rod stated in his Christmas message that it would probably be in Jan, see below, and then Chris Gage
    posted on this forum in January that there would definitely be one, and then on the 13th Feb that there was a shareholders meeting scheduled for the 14th Feb (I trust it was a candlelit affair with lots of love being shared around the table) and that more news about progressing the forum would follow, please see the quotes below; I'll understand if you are unable to answer this tonight but I think it may help clear up any worries and concerns people have.
    Many Thanks once again.

Rod Xmas Message quote,
    However, we are now closer than ever to achieving that primary target of bringing City home to Meadow Park. You will have seen the progress made as you board the away coaches and watch on social media through our brilliant time lapse videos of the amount of work that has been done and in January, in conjunction with our Supporters Trust, we will be holding our Fans Forum in Gloucester, where we will present to you our vision for the Clubs future and a comprehensive update and timescales for the return back to the City.

Chris Gage 18th Jan,
    There is definitely going to be a forum.
    We're currently looking at dates and venues.
    It's likely that this will be the first/second weekend in February now and will be held in Gloucester.
    Updates on the ground will be given then and all questions regarding the Club answered by a panel constructed of the Board.

Chris Gage 13th Feb,
    The forum is still very much a goer, however, (as Rod mentioned in the program notes for the recent home game-which only those of you who downloaded the program would have seen) we have a shareholders meeting tomorrow which will hopefully yield positive news about progressing this.
    Last edited by Woody; 05-03-19 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Rod not Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Petheram View Post
    Evening, I won't be hosting a forum myself. I've just gained access to this site and i'm happy to post on it. But as i've written on another post tonight, I don't ever want personal abuse. Happy for banter and happy to have a beer in the bar tomorrow to chat. Cheers AP
    Alex, personally I don't think it's wise as a director, investor, whatever your title may be at the club to engage on an unofficial fans forum. All that I would personally is for there to be sufficient communication to the supporters via appropriate public channels such as 'The Citizen' (or whatever it's known by now), Radio Gloucestershire, the club's website and the club's social media channels. I know you say that if we come up and speak to you at games then you're happy to have a chat, but 300 odd people aren't going to do that.

There are several rumours flying around at the moment (which have been mentioned on this thread) and this is born from the fact that certain people are being told things and this getting filtered down and probably skewed slightly as each person tells their version. This would be avoided by simply giving everyone the facts at the same time by the methods I mentioned above. This would also probably give you a bit more time at the games to relax and watch the football, which at the end of the day is what we all want to do.

PS, keep City yellow!
    Last edited by Lee; 05-03-19 at 11:39 AM.