Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: When is THE MEETING?

Fair play for coming on here Alex. I think the way you've directly answered so many questions makes the idea of a holding a meeting for a fans forum largely redundant. Good work.

One question from me - why are we changing the colours away from yellow / yellow and black? I think we had some fan votes less than a year ago that were pretty clearly in favour of staying yellow. Cheers.

Hi Alex. Could I ask you what you currently see as the biggest challenge in us getting back home?
    The rumour on the terraces was that we hoped to be back for new years day 2020. Is that the case and how hopeful are you?
    As others have said, thank you very much for responding to messages on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pims manager again View Post
    Are some people brain dead?
    We have a guy who has come onboard, passionate about the Club, taken on loads of responsibility for us and yet gets invidious media. Staggering!
    Give the man respect.
    Dictionary result for invidious/ɪnˈvɪdɪəs/Submit
    adjective
    (of an action or situation) likely to arouse or incur resentment or anger in others.
    "she'd put herself in an invidious position"
    synonyms: unpleasant, awkward, difficult; More
    (of a comparison or distinction) unfairly discriminating; unjust.
    "it seems invidious to make special mention of one aspect of his work"
    synonyms: unfair, unjust, prejudicial, discriminatory, iniquitous, weighted, one-sided;[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Neil; 06-03-19 at 12:07 AM.

Iím finding these lessons boring

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    I’m finding these lessons boring

Quod ambulat lectitantur!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Fair play for coming on here Alex. I think the way you've directly answered so many questions makes the idea of a holding a meeting for a fans forum largely redundant. Good work.

One question from me - why are we changing the colours away from yellow / yellow and black? I think we had some fan votes less than a year ago that were pretty clearly in favour of staying yellow. Cheers.
    The truth is Joe it was voted at the Shareholders meeting. Chris Gabb and Eamonn both had long standing reasons for why to change. All to do with Westbury Homes and how poor a deal that was with a number of commitments not being upheld. The bottom line on this for me was, if Westbury didn't get involved and move the ground we would have a home today!

Anyway it came to a vote and sorry if i'm about to break a rule of the boardroom, but Eamonn and Chris Gabb voted to go with Red as the primary colour, Chris Gage and Rod voted Yellow..... I wen't Red, purely over the personal heart and passion the others spoke about the original change.

On the badge, sorry to be blunt, but this is a non point for me. We currently don't have one and we need to develop a brand. One which we can trade mark and look to market. As I don't want to play conference/ semi pro football forever.... think big and then think bigger again is what i tell my three kids. I'd love to think my kids can one day be involved in the club and overtake Cheltenham Town and others.

Last night was hard to sallow, lets stay together and back the lads. Believe!

AP

Thanks Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeglos View Post
    Hi Alex. Could I ask you what you currently see as the biggest challenge in us getting back home?
    The rumour on the terraces was that we hoped to be back for new years day 2020. Is that the case and how hopeful are you?
    As others have said, thank you very much for responding to messages on here.
    Good question!!

Truth for me is this..... I don't see anyone big challenge, just lots of hurdles. The bit I hate is that I want to skip to Z and miss out A,B & C. This week is a big week, we're formally responding to a number of the objection points raised over the planning and we've a big meeting with the FA and we need to get the ground share agreement sorted. What we need to gain permission for is to start a season at X ground (not saying where yet, sorry, so please don't ask) and finish the season at Meadow Park.

I like I tell my clients, you have to set a target to miss right.... so yes New Years Day 2020 is the target I set myself and boy doesn't Rod remind me. Spurs had a target don't forget as did Wembley!

After the planning hurdles and fingers crossed the approval, we need to clear the conditions. These need to be limited, as we're already cleared all the last application conditions, so the planners need to play fair!

After planning we can submit the grant pack. Get that approved and then we can start building.... if the grant/ funding pack is approved. The shareholder have agreed to start the works using private money. With the grant money then repaying us. But, as with all things, we need another permission for this, which I think is mad! We have the means, the heart and the want to build this ground, people just need to let us do it, to many words are spoken for my liken and too little action. This is why l'd be rubbish in politics, or very good some might say!

Hope this helps a little... Sorry it's not a black or white statement, but we're dealing with folk that very much live in worlds that have fifty shades of grey and not in the book my wife was reading!

AP

Thank you Alex for the update. Personally I don't care what colours we play in as long as we get back to Gloucester but once we do it is about developing a brand as GRugby have. As someone who has supported City since 1953 Red and White was our colours then anyway! I do not live in Gloucestershire but would much prefer to drive to Glos than elsewhere. Agree about last nights game could have been a couple up but what's done is done and the lads put in a good performance generally.
    Smutty boys are lonely boys!

Thank you for the insight Alex

I still think fans should have been consulted, but what's done is done. Never been one to buy merch so can't pretend I'll be boycotting anything red, but will be odd to see yellow flags, scarfs, shirts etc. when the team are playing in Red.

I guess we'll need to drop the nickname of The Tigers as well, poor Roary!