Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game off

Game off

Today’s fixture v Concord just been postponed

Oh dear - Slimbridge v Cirencester looks a good substitute.

Why such a late call? I cannot recall it raining since yesterday afternoon so would the pitch have deteriorated? Concord will probably have nearly arrived and we had supporters travelling from London. No respect.

Have to say this is very poor from the club. To not have even announced a pitch inspection and then suddenly call the game off so late in the morning is not good. If this had happened to us we quite rightly would have been up in arms about it.

Looking on the bright side at least it keeps our unbeaten run going.

Now 3 points from safety after Hungerford put 5 past St Albans. Dulwich won as well although East Thurrock and Truro both lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    Now 3 points from safety after Hungerford put 5 past St Albans. Dulwich won as well although East Thurrock and Truro both lost.
    We need to win our games in hand that's for sure, this is the time when some of the bottom clubs start to get it together lets hope we can get some wins under our belt starting at Slough next week....

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Why such a late call? I cannot recall it raining since yesterday afternoon so would the pitch have deteriorated? Concord will probably have nearly arrived and we had supporters travelling from London. No respect.
    Taff,

No, it hadn't rained since yesterday afternoon however the constant rainfall over the week combined with the snow last week had apparently affected the pitch.
    We were in contact with Concord Rangers all throughout the process AND it was agreed by that they would set off as it was our intention that we would play the fixture. We had contacted the match official and it was their wish that a pitch inspection be carried out before they set off. We obliged and after taking advice from the local ref who in conference with the Match Official made the choice to call it.

We then within two minutes of the decision being made had put it out across all communication platforms, I'd also like to point out ours was not the only match postponed today.

I can assure you that it was not due to a lack of respect for either Concord's or our own supporters who were travelling from London.

I would suggest that you find out the facts before levying the invidious accusation that we don't respect fans.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gage View Post
    Taff,

No, it hadn't rained since yesterday afternoon.
    I can only assume everyone but me was on holiday somewhere exotic yesterday, but I worked from 6pm till 11pm last night and I got wetter than an otters pocket.

It bastard bucketed down repeatedly!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gage View Post
    Taff,

No, it hadn't rained since yesterday afternoon however the constant rainfall over the week combined with the snow last week had apparently affected the pitch.
    We were in contact with Concord Rangers all throughout the process AND it was agreed by that they would set off as it was our intention that we would play the fixture. We had contacted the match official and it was their wish that a pitch inspection be carried out before they set off. We obliged and after taking advice from the local ref who in conference with the Match Official made the choice to call it.

We then within two minutes of the decision being made had put it out across all communication platforms, I'd also like to point out ours was not the only match postponed today.

I can assure you that it was not due to a lack of respect for either Concord's or our own supporters who were travelling from London.

I would suggest that you find out the facts before levying the invidious accusation that we don't respect fans.

Chris
    That is all very well, but at no stage was there an announcement that there was an inspection planned. Like I say if a club we were travelling to suddenly announced on Twitter just before 12 that the game was off I would be calling them out on it. Think there are lessons to be learnt here for sure because although there was communication with Concord there wasn't with either set of fans prior to the game being called off.