Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Failed players at City

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I think the way we generally play our football and the fact that we're normally near the bottom of the table makes it a hard job for strikers to impress at City. Dropping down a level to get more time on the ball and more chances to score helps them develop their game.
    Also both Ricco and Harris where defensive minded Managers/Coaches. They are doing the same at Hereford and they can't use lack of money holding back signing better players,
    Last edited by Severnside; 02-02-19 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Severnside View Post
    Also both Ricco and Harris where defensive minded Managers/Coaches. They are doing the same at Hereford and they can't use lack of money holding back signing better players,
    Well I watched Hereford today and they certainly were NOT defensive minded against Curzon Ashton. They were all over the visitors for an hour and led 1-0. The two goals they conceded was down to Hereford pushing on to ensure they won the game and they had plenty of chances to do so. What undid them was two worldly passages of play, the equaliser from a superb cross and the winner one of the best volley finishes you will ever see. Watch the highlights when posted.

You can only be an attacking team if you have a front line which is vibrant and inventive supported by a midfield who are creative and industrious. Unfortunately City this season have been a defensive squad under all management because the overall quality of player has been absent in those two departments.

The goals FOR column highlights that in the most graphic of ways and is why fans fawn at goals not conceded in recent matches. I have been saying all season (and I am not alone) that without upping our attacking threat and scoring more goals the inevitable will have to be faced come the last Saturday of the season or in fact before that due to our dismal record in finding the back of the net. Marc Richards is no more defensive than the next manager. To do any job you need the right tools and in many cases your tools are costly. A hammer is more reliable than a piece of wood in knocking in nails. But sometimes you have to use the piece of wood because you can’t afford a decent hammer. I am sure you get my drift.
    Last edited by Brandman; 02-02-19 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Correcting typo’s

Quote Originally Posted by Severnside View Post
    Boris was manager when Scott Wilson played for us and I think Adam Mann aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandman View Post
    Well I watched Hereford today and they certainly were NOT defensive minded against Curzon Ashton. They were all over the visitors for an hour and led 1-0. The two goals they conceded was down to Hereford pushing on to ensure they won the game and they had plenty of chances to do so. What undid them was two worldly passages of play, the equaliser from a superb cross and the winner one of the best volley finishes you will ever see. Watch the highlights when posted.

You can only be an attacking team if you have a front line which is vibrant and inventive supported by a midfield who are creative and industrious. Unfortunately City this season have been a defensive squad under all management because the overall quality of player has been absent in those two departments.

The goals FOR column highlights that in the most graphic of ways and is why fans fawn at goals not conceded in recent matches. I have been saying all season (and I am not alone) that without upping our attacking threat and scoring more goals the inevitable will have to be faced come the last Saturday of the season or in fact before that due to our dismal record in finding the back of the net. Marc Richards is no more defensive than the next manager. To do any job you need the right tools and in many cases your tools are costly. A hammer is more reliable than a piece of wood in knocking in nails. But sometimes you have to use the piece of wood because you can’t afford a decent hammer. I am sure you get my drift.
    Your not aloud to praise Hereford/MR or TH on the COF itís in the rules,so letís just leave it that they had under 2000 fans today which is their lowest attendance in many a year and for the last 30 minutes they were crap.😁

Girls Aloud, not allowed.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    Your not aloud to praise Hereford/MR or TH on the COF it¬ís in the rules,so let¬ís just leave it that they had under 2000 fans today which is their lowest attendance in many a year and for the last 30 minutes they were crap.😁
    Firstly, I never correct someoneís English grammar. Especially with prescriptive text when using electronic based blackboards.
    Youíre excused.

Secondly, I was not praising either Hereford, MR or TH.

Thirdly, The attendance at the game was 2081 with 48 visiting. To say it was less than 2000 was mathematically incorrect. Could you therefore start a rumour that City might have a factual record of scoring 18 goals but they have 36. If enough say it then it becomes true apparently. Could lift us up the rumour table and save us! Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!

Fourthly the attendance st Edgar Street yesterday was not their lowest of the season in the NLN.

Fifthly and finally many I overhead leaving the ground were saying the Bulls played well and the visitors winner was a stunner. Whether they played so called crap for the last 30 minutes is a personal opinion. Compared with the first 60 minutes it was not as good. But they still attacked. And there is nothing wrong with my eye sight. I had them lasered last week. Opinion is always healthy but please do not distort facts.

My Sunday rant over and off for breakfast before taking my 3 year old grandson to footie school. Oh the joy of innocence! Now that is the world we should all live in.......surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandman View Post
    Firstly, I never correct someone’s English grammar. Especially with prescriptive text when using electronic based blackboards.
    You’re excused.
    Predictive text.

You're excused.

You wrote a 6 paragraphed response to my light hearted comment on a Sunday morning at 7 in the morning,I bet you’re fun at parties!

Ps- feel free to correct my grammar I admit that I don¬ít practice to much these days as I¬ím to busy speaking another language😉but the im sure you speak varios so maybe you could correct me aswell.

Ohhh and Hereford were terrible yesterday with 1999 fans 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    You wrote a 6 paragraphed response to my light hearted comment on a Sunday morning at 7 in the morning,I bet you’re fun at parties!

Ps- feel free to correct my grammar I admit that I don¬ít practice to much these days as I¬ím to busy speaking another language😉but the im sure you speak varios so maybe you could correct me aswell.

Ohhh and Hereford were terrible yesterday with 1999 fans 😁
    I didnít correct anyoneís grammar but somebody else did.

2081 - 48 does not = 1999

And the reason I am up so early on a Sunday morning is I am looking after a close family member who has MND and his 3 yr old.
    Reading COF and posting helps distract one.when you are feeling a bit low and need to take your mind away from reality. Football is a release.

My 12 hour shift over so going off to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandy. View Post
    Predictive text.

You're excused.
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂