Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Failed players at City

  1. #1

    Failed players at City

    Who have gone on to better things after us...

    Jonte Smith
    Scott Wilson
    Jarvis(18 this season at same level though)
    Adam Mann

    Any more?

    Only saw SW and AM play of those 4 and I could see they were good enough just maybe missing a bit of decent coaching at the time, if only....

  2. #2
    Come to think of it, any that have done well for us but failed after, Lewis Hall for example.

  3. #3
    Not so much a failed player in any way, but remember watching Steve Phillips on loan from Bristol City against Cheltenham in the boxing day win and he looked really young and shaky and he had a decent career at Bristol City in the football league.

  4. #4
    Not sure why you'd descibe Adam Mann as a failed player.

  5. #5
    Failed is perhaps a bit harsh for any player really. If I had played one game for City and played Sunday Park footie with my mates from then on, I would still consider that success

  6. #6
    One that got away is Karnell Chambers who seemed to fall out with Ricco. If so it was his relationship that failed rather than his football. He's certainly having a decent season at Chippenham - how we could have done with a few of his 9 goals so far - though he doesn't seem particularly loved on their forum.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by redshift View Post
    Not sure why you'd descibe Adam Mann as a failed player.
    Better to say released to a lower league club,the fault sits with the management at the time for not realizing the potential same with Scott Wilson... bombed out by a NLN side and now playing and scoring at a higher level. How does this happen across the whole of football?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    Better to say released to a lower league club,the fault sits with the management at the time for not realizing the potential same with Scott Wilson... bombed out by a NLN side and now playing and scoring at a higher level. How does this happen across the whole of football?
    Players improve later than others, players improve for a different/manager coaches would be a couple of possible reasons.

  9. #9
    I think the way we generally play our football and the fact that we're normally near the bottom of the table makes it a hard job for strikers to impress at City. Dropping down a level to get more time on the ball and more chances to score helps them develop their game.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I think the way we generally play our football and the fact that we're normally near the bottom of the table makes it a hard job for strikers to impress at City. Dropping down a level to get more time on the ball and more chances to score helps them develop their game.
    I agree.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •