Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oxford Away

Oxford Away

Fingers crossed the Daniel Smith Derby will see us pick up that first win this century and we will be back on course for our promotion push.
    Hopefully. Saying that, we always get exciting games up at Oxford so itíll probably end up being a boring 0-0!

Who is Daniel Smith Derby?

I did actually know someone called Dan Darby, spelt differently, but he had no interest in football.

FFS! If the twitter feed is right we only have 3 subs (but then I suppose we only need 3)! Thomas for Knowles but otherwise as per last week. Presume Mawford and Robert are either injured or on the bench but got left off twitter

Oxford today

Half Time: OC 0 Tigers 1

Joe Hanks penalty just before the break. - We had a penalty awarded to us!

Quote Originally Posted by CityGull View Post
    FFS! If the twitter feed is right we only have 3 subs (but then I suppose we only need 3)! Thomas for Knowles but otherwise as per last week. Presume Mawford and Robert are either injured or on the bench but got left off twitter
    FFS!If the twitter feed is correct we are winning 0-1 from a PENALTY and Oxford down to 10...must be wrong 😳

Full time: OC 0 Tigers 1

Our first league win since 1st September 2018

Looks like we're the only team in the bottom half of the table to get three points today

Today's results put us one point behind Hungerford in twentieth with a much better GD than them (-19 compared to -27)

Still looking like any three from four to go down with a four point gap from Hungerford to the two above them, but Truro and Dulwich could still be pulled down into the mire.

Truro do have two games in hand over the rest.

Under Mike Cooke City have got as many points in two matches as they did under CT in over three months!
    Last edited by drbob; 19-01-19 at 06:10 PM.

I knew we could do it.

Now we have to do it every week.

Apparently Robert turned up but he was sick and was sent home so no one else would catch it. Think there is every chance Dulwich at least can be dragged into it although do think Truro will continue to go up the table. At least we won so that can boost the players confidence.

This coach is making my ears bleed.

Great battling performance, superb support, and 3 points.

I've finally remembered why I love Saturdays!

Up the fluffing City!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.