Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hungerford

Anyone get a good view of the red card? Some on Twitter saying it was a clear stamp. Knowles was my favourite player for a few seasons- used to dominate midfield and was always worth a few goals. It's fair to say he's a shadow of that player now though. Maybe time to consider replacing him? Shame as he's been a great servant.

We defended very strongly today, although Sam looked lucky not to have given away a penalty for handball at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Anyone get a good view of the red card? Some on Twitter saying it was a clear stamp. Knowles was my favourite player for a few seasons- used to dominate midfield and was always worth a few goals. It's fair to say he's a shadow of that player now though. Maybe time to consider replacing him? Shame as he's been a great servant.

We defended very strongly today, although Sam looked lucky not to have given away a penalty for handball at the end.
    Yep would agree - whilst he’s out put the other Plymouth lad at full back and move Noah into midfield...

Quote Originally Posted by Shandy. View Post
    With the good doctor being one of our more critical friends on here, if the Bobometer is straying into the optimistic zone (however slightly) then that's good enough for me. For tonight!
    I've got to go away with some positive thoughts as I'll miss at least four home matches in February and March - hopefully we won't have been relegated by the time I return to Evesham on 30th March.

A lot to be positive about today. There was a danger heads would drop when we went down to 10 men, but they didnít and fought to the end.

We had a at least 4 good chances to score, which is more than weíve had in recent history. And we played some nice football at times too. Hopefully the lads will see today as a big step in the right direction and keep it up.

If we continue to play how we did today, then we will get results.

Despite Knowles's presumed absence team selection next week will for once be about who is left out rather than scratching around trying to fill the gaps. Plastic pitch should suit quite a few of our forwards; how many times today did players (from both sides) lose control because of the bumpy pitch rather than a tackle.

Best performance I've seen from us in a long time. Both sides had chances but even with ten men we more than matched Hungerford and were bitterly unlucky not to have won. Mawford really should have done better with his chance but what superb play from Fabien before that to create it. The guy is absolute class.

Sadly I feel like Knowles has cost us three points and frankly he's been a bit of a liability all season long. Even before the straight red, when he was booked he followed it up a minutes after that with gobbing off at the ref. He's an experienced player and should know better.

Special mention for Jackson. Worked tirelessly upfront. And to think our previous manager dropped him for Andre Wright!! Odin Bailey has showed some glimpses of quality at times but that was by far his best game in a City shirt. Really put himself about.

Not the win we wanted nor might we get out of this but that was the most positive I've left Evesham in absolutely bloody ages.

I know some will disagree, but Knowles partner in midfield, Joe hanks, just doesn't have the pace and his passing of late has been awful. Central mid is the number 1 place to strengthen at the moment for me. There was a part of the game where he chased back for perhaps fifty yards, never getting that near until finally managed to foul the player and got booked.
    We need a box to box player, we need a Webby in truth and someone who can set up chances, maybe that could be Odin but it needs a tackling running machine alongside him and unfortunately, that ain't Joe.

The only winner yesterday was the ref he was absolutely shocking and thatís putting it mildly

So refreshing to have Fab back heís a breath of fresh air and obviously Zack
    We wouldíve lost that game under Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Tango View Post
    We wouldíve lost that game under Todd
    Fickle fan syndrome - less than 2 weeks ago you were backing Todd on here when everyone was saying he needed to go 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Getushome View Post
    Fickle fan syndrome - less than 2 weeks ago you were backing Todd on here when everyone was saying he needed to go 😉
    Not fickle, 2 weeks ago we didnít have Fab or Zack and low on confidence