Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Guess whos back?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigermatty View Post
    If Zak and Fab play as well as we know they can then were in business. Hopefully the Plymouth lads are decent and up for a scrap
    Christ Matt, chill out.

That's hardly very welcoming.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

IMO, we still need an experienced striker and an old head in midfield. I hope these players are out there and we can attract them.

Quote Originally Posted by MeadowClark View Post
    IMO, we still need an experienced striker and an old head in midfield. I hope these players are out there and we can attract them.
    Possibly a big, nasty CB as well.

Not much there if Avo/Spence got injured or suspended.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Good news that JH can play in midfield as the few times I saw him play there he was a class act.

The two Plymouth lads will allow Hanksy to go into the middle along with FR. What our forwards have been lacking almost all season ( especially after Edges demise) is to have the midfield playing the ball to thier feet as opposed to having hurled towards them head high for some gangling bit centre half to gobble it up. Zak is a flair player with a bit of pace.

I’m not quite sure who others were expecting Jamie Vardy to drop down a few leagues. Well done to all involved. See u tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladfans View Post
    The two Plymouth lads will allow Hanksy to go into the middle along with FR. What our forwards have been lacking almost all season ( especially after Edges demise) is to have the midfield playing the ball to thier feet as opposed to having hurled towards them head high for some gangling bit centre half to gobble it up. Zak is a flair player with a bit of pace.

I’m not quite sure who others were expecting Jamie Vardy to drop down a few leagues. Well done to all involved. See u tomorrow.
    No but it would have been nice to have seen us go after someone new instead of two players who have already played for us, one of which has been playing at a lower level and we released for free and have just paid to sign him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Joly's Publicist View Post
    Yes but nobody else on the pitch that day stood out like he did. And for the other games I'd seen where he didn't score, he still tried to do more with the ball than a lot of others did. I.E go forwards with purpose or switch play rather than lump it aimlessly. He got visibly frustrated when we basically did Peter Kay like ave it's continually instead of actually trying to play football. We've been a lot worse without him.
    I disagree that we have been worse without him as I think he made little difference. Most of the games I saw him in he looked like he couldn't be arsed. Also why are we suddenly going to play any differently. That East Thurrock pitch was hardly one you wanted to play football on and neither is the Evesham pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    No but it would have been nice to have seen us go after someone new instead of two players who have already played for us, one of which has been playing at a lower level and we released for free and have just paid to sign him back.
    Personally I think when we're in the position we are in we need to bring in players where we know what they can do.

If you look at the 'new' players we've brought in:
    - Andre Wright - now released
    - Mawford/Jackson - the effort is there but not exactly setting the league alight
    - The Derby winger whose name I've forgotten - made no impact what-so-ever
    - It's taken numerous keepers to get to JoJo

Those are some off the top of my head. You could argue that the above failed due to management style.

Nothing wrong with Darran's view, we need to keep our feet on the ground. I'm not keen on more 19 year olds but if they are dedicated full backs then that's what we need.

Give Fabien the ball and don't give it to Zack when we have a penalty!

Interesting views on this thread after an initial euphoria.
    Darren has a point but more to the point is Mr Matt, our signings recently have been at best poor.we have nothing to lose and all to gain.
    Young Alfie are you asleep?