Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess who’s back?

Guess who’s back?

Gloucester City are pleased to announce the return of City favourite Striker Zack Kotwica, Midfielder Fabien Robert and Plymouth Argyle loanees Harry Hodges and Ryan Law.
    Zack Kotwica returns to Gloucester City until the end of 2019/2020 season for an undisclosed fee from Salisbury City and midfielder Fabien Robert returns after an intensive training program with parent Club Forest Green and has signed on loan until the end of the season.
    Harry Hodges is a right back who registered with the Plymouth Argyle Academy in 2009 as an U10 after attending the Plymouth Development Centre at Stoke Damerel. Harry is comfortable when in possession of the ball and looks to break forward to support the attack, providing good quality crosses. He was awarded a professional contract in the Summer of 2018.
    Ryan Law, 19, joined the Plymouth Argyle Academy as an Under 9 in September 2008 and plays as an attacking left back.
    With the inclination to break forward and provide crosses, Ryan will always take on shooting opportunities, providing an attacking threat for his team. He was part of a successful FA Youth Cup team that overcame Man City and Burnley last season and was rewarded for his hardwork in November when he made his senior team debut in a 2-0 Checkatrade trophy defeat at Newport County.

Both Hodges and Law join City on a one month loan with a view to extend.

With four players coming in, City see centre forward Andre Wright depart the Club and currently injured winger Isaac Pearce return to parent Club, Forest Green Rovers.

Hmm can't say any of those 4 really excite me. I wasn't impressed at all by Robert when I saw him and actually thought we may as well have let Hereford have him after all given the use he was on the pitch. Zack has hardly been scoring loads at Salisbury and we have another two young players on loan.

Great to see Zack back! Robert really impressed too and is an upgrade on Pearce. Two young full backs too, hopefully they can help us out.

Good start to the business.

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    Hmm can't say any of those 4 really excite me. I wasn't impressed at all by Robert when I saw him and actually thought we may as well have let Hereford have him after all given the use he was on the pitch. Zack has hardly been scoring loads at Salisbury and we have another two young players on loan.
    I despair at times

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    I hear Messi was unavailable.

I'm pleased with this. Zack and Fab are better than what we currently have for sure, and full backs are needed. Good job MC.

Really pleased to have Zack and Fabien back personally, I would say it was more our style of play that didn't suit Robert rather than him being no good.

Plymouth is a new market for us so I'm interested to see the quality of their youngsters

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Tango View Post
    I despair at times
    Don't worry Boardroom Dave , majority of us are glad French Dave is back and we might even pass to him this time around.

Really happy to see Zack back. I thought it was a big blow when he left before.

When Fabien is on form he's unstoppable - it's when he's not seeing much of the ball he goes missing. But I would rather have him for us than against us.

The two young lads seem exciting - hopefully this means Hanks will stay in midfield and also push Noah in midfield too.

I was secretly hoping with Hopper as well but we can't have it all! Feeling positive for tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Tango View Post
    I despair at times
    Just telling it how I see it. Wouldn't disagree that they are an improvement, but please tell me what Robert did apart from score a couple against Plymouth Parkway? He made very little difference in the games I watched which he played in. Also not sure paying a fee for Zack is a good use of money.

If Zak and Fab play as well as we know they can then we’re in business. Hopefully the Plymouth lads are decent and up for a scrap