Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Here it is

Have to say my initial reaction was ‘WTF’ - probably because I didn’t see it coming and like others I associate the name with a shall we say ‘less professional’ era of the club, albeit one where we had a lot of heart.

Having had some time to reflect, he’s clearly established himself as a respected coach since then and the reaction of some of our local former players has only been positive. He’s here because he wants to help the club and he’s going to need all the support he can get so I’ll be backing him on Saturday. If he put a rocket up some arses and get some decent players in then we might just have a chance provided hes given the freedom to do the job without interference. We must win Saturday though, end of. Also Hosk owes us one for the Shortwood debacle.
    Last edited by Tigermatty; 09-01-19 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigermatty View Post
    Have to say my initial reaction was ‘WTF’ - probably because I didn’t see it coming and like others I associate the name with a shall we say ‘less professional’ era of the club, albeit one where we had a lot of heart.

Having had some time to reflect, he’s clearly established himself as a respected coach since then and the reaction of some of our local former players has only been positive. He’s here because he wants to help the club and he’s going to need all the support he can get so I’ll be backing him on Saturday. If he put a rocket up some arses and get some decent players in then we might just have a chance provided he’s given the freedom to do the job without interference. We must win Saturday though, end of. Also Hosk owes us one for the Shortwood debacle.
    I'll agree with that. This could be a masterstroke. Only time will tell.

My main desire in a new manager was one that could bring half a team with him, and I'm not sure Cookie fits that bill (unless you count Gloucester City 2002/03 as that team ). However, hopefully his years of training coaches will have given him enough contacts he can call upon to sort this squad out.

Keep the faith. Come on City.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladfans View Post
    Shame but if it is the case we really are thin on the ground. Looking forward to seeing some star replacements...
    I think we have them already Hoskins, Baylo,Burnsy Mussy and Keith Knight was with them on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandy. View Post
    Not so sure. Ray has already dropped a massive clue as to our first new signing.
    You mean JT is signing for city as a replacement for Andre.

We need JC to save us at this point, never mind JT!

First bit of business sees Mat Liddiard leave the club and join some of the rest of the gang at Swindon Supermarine

are these rumors or fact that Matt and Andre has left the club, and who is JT

Quote Originally Posted by GDE View Post
    GDE,FYI-JT is John Terry LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by GDE View Post
    Supermarine have Tweeted the Matt news.

So have we.

Looking forward to players in now!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.