Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Manager!!

New Manager!!

Sorry for click bait title

Anyway, bookies favourite appears to be Peter Beadle. Certainly has experience at this level and above and has local contacts. He has watched us several times and also knows some of the squad anyway as he was Cheltenham U-16s manager for a period of time. So if he's applied surely has to be a front runner...

Other people potentially in that hat? (All of these are guesses/speculation)

Jon Brough
    Alex Sykes
    Kevin Nicholson
    Gary Taylor-Fletcher
    Marcus Bignot
    Liam McDonald
    Carl Heeley
    Lee Mansell
    Graham Allner
    Chris Burns
    Billy Jones
    Charlie Griffin

One name that hasn't been mentioned but did a remarkable job at Curzon Ashton I thought is John Flanagan. Assume the distance rules him out (on the assumption he lives miles away). Kidderminster Harrier's boss left yesterday, which could make him a candidate for us I guess but could also negatively impact our search as they will be a lot more appealing to prospective managers.
    Last edited by Dom Joly's Publicist; 08-01-19 at 11:13 AM.

the Kiddy manager must have been offered a huge salary at City as they were just outside the payoffs Strange decision if he has been fired, my guess would be Peter Beadle if the right package could be agreed

Has to be Beadle if not possible then John Brough but stick with either until the EOS won lose or draw.

need a tried and tested experienced manager now nothing else will do

Not sure on the others but Bignot is manager at Guiseley. I would say Callicutt could be in with a shout (if he wasn't at Evesham) but Evesham fans aren't too keen on him and especially his transfer dealings.

All the circumstances would suggest Beadle.
    1-Lives in Stroud
    2-No compensation needed
    3-Good contacts at various clubs
    4-Did well at Newport and handled expectations at Hereford leaving them 12th in NLN.

Negatives-Didn’t keep Clevdon up.
    What’s was his style of play at Hereford?

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    Not sure on the others but Bignot is manager at Guiseley. I would say Callicutt could be in with a shout (if he wasn't at Evesham) but Evesham fans aren't too keen on him and especially his transfer dealings.
    Burnsy lives full time in Spain now, so I think he can safely be ruled out.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Gary Rowett just been sacked as Stoke manager and I over heard that he and Rod Jenner were seen in the Pike and Musket deep in conversation a few hours after,can Severn sport confirm this with their sources??
    Still prefer Beadle though 😁

Hes my next door neighbor...forgot to say.😂

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    All the circumstances would suggest Beadle.
    1-Lives in Stroud
    2-No compensation needed
    3-Good contacts at various clubs
    4-Did well at Newport and handled expectations at Hereford leaving them 12th in NLN.
    Beadle seems like the outstanding candidate to me, ticks all boxes. I feel like hell give us the best chance of surviving this season and then judging by what hes done before we can hopefully kick on.