Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GAME, SET and MATCH

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

We need a new manager and a new spine of the team in the next two weeks.
    Encapsulated in a sentence.

Wasn't there going to be some big announcement made in January - I'm sure this was mentioned before our Christmas meltdown. It has to be bloody good news to overshadow recent events.

Neil and Cheryl Cole are getting married.

It's all very exciting.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

I guess it's his turn, most of us have already had a go

I can assure you the powers that be have been working tirelessly today on all fronts to stave off relegation..But then again Iím sure Severn Sport already knows this!!

When do you expect a manager appointment ray ?

"After 25 matches played and with only 18 points (0.72 per game) secured, the inescapable truth is that we would need from 17 matches left (51 possible points) around 26 points (1.52 per game) to avoid relegation. That is some ask on the playing budget at its current level"

The last seventeen games last season yielded 27 points (after 26 from the first 25) so it's perfectly doable. Is our budget significantly lower than last year's? The next 6 fixtures will probably decide our fate: away trips to Oxford, Slough and Hampton, none of which are (currently) worried by plays offs or relegation, but home to Hungerford, Bath and Concord, all of which are. One game at a time, one win at a time.

It wouldn't surprise me if fewer points than usual are needed to stay up this season given how bad the teams are that are down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if fewer points than usual are needed to stay up this season given how bad the teams are that are down there.
    Said the same earlier.

Record low points haul for the team who finish fourth from bottom this season I think.

We CANNOT afford to let the gap go to 7 points on Saturday though.

We must win a must win game eventually, surely!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

I know people like to speculate and start rumours about the playing budget but I can confirm it's no different to last season