Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: GAME, SET and MATCH

Quote Originally Posted by GDE View Post
    Let those people who are winding things up put there money where there mouth is and then they can have a say otherwise just get behind those who are working hard to get the club out of this mess
    Who is winding who up I was just making a comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Tango View Post
    Iím not for one second questioning their dedication to the causes we all know that is second to none and get not be faulted..

My main gripe was with Woddy when asking basically in a nutshell do the new board actually know anything about football?

I see a lot that goes on now and despite what some think they are working 24/7 to sort this out and get us home
    I never questioned if they knew anything about football, there are plenty of people who post on here, myself included who think they know plenty about football, but if it came to operating a football club at our level or even at levels above or below I'd be the first to admit that I wouldn't have a clue where to start and I'm sure there are many others who would be in the same boat

The board are clearly successful people in the world of construction, and no doubt have the resources and expertise required to deliver a stadium back in Gloucester, my question is have they the experience required to maintain our standing at National League level? Which is what this thead is all about...!

As to attending games, as a resident of our great city my view is just as valid as anyone elses. This is Gloucester City football club after all and it's existence should be an interest to all who live in Gloucester, you shouldn't have to go to a game to be able to air your concerns when the club is threatened with relegation. I've been to plenty of games in the last 16years, been a season ticket holder and contributed money to the club on numerous occasions, but I draw the line at travelling to Evesham, that was one step too far which in my opinion should never have been required if promises of returns home in 20xx(enter year here) had actually been delivered.

The club wants to come home, the club wants to ideally be at National League level when it does return home, the club wants to attract old and new fans to games when it is back in Gloucester, but comments from the hardcore fans and hardworking volunteers (yes, I really do admire anyone who steps forward to assist and appreciate their efforts) having a go at people for not attending games and displaying an insular them and us attitude, will not allow this club to grow and flourish when/if it does return to Gloucester.
    Last edited by Woody; 07-01-19 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Spelling

Good post Woody

We need to stick together (old and new) after all attendances are dropping !

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post

The board are clearly successful people in the world of construction, and no doubt have the resources and expertise required to deliver a stadium back in Gloucester, my question is have they the experience required to maintain our standing at National League level? Which is what this thead is all about...!

As to attending games, as a resident of our great city my view is just as valid as anyone elses. This is Gloucester City football club after all and it's existence should be an interest to all who live in Gloucester, you shouldn't have to go to a game to be able to air your concerns when the club is threatened with relegation. I've been to plenty of games in the last 16years, been a season ticket holder and contributed money to the club on numerous occasions, but I draw the line at travelling to Evesham, that was one step too far which in my opinion should never have been required if promises of returns home in 20xx(enter year here) had actually been delivered.

Well there u are another entry from a arm chair/COF supporter ( in the loosest terms ) who canít be a arsed to go to Evesham in the cold .

Season ticket holder and not missed a home game since weíve been in exile. ��

To be honest if you've never seen any of the current squad play, or haven't seen any of the past 2/3 managers manage, then no, your opinion on the football club isn't particularly valid I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    To be honest if you've never seen any of the current squad play, or haven't seen any of the past 2/3 managers manage, then no, your opinion on the football club isn't particularly valid I'm afraid.
    I agree with this. Don't have an issue with people not wanting to go to Evesham as I can understand why people might have had enough, but hard to have an opinion on the team if you haven't seen them this season.

I don't think fans turning on each other is particularly helpful, and isn't nice to read. After all, we all want the same thing - for the Tigers to be shit hot, and playing in our own City. My observations are:

The previous incumbents (eg Tim Harris, Mike Dunstan, Taff) did a wonderful job over the years keeping us at this level and the club afloat under disadvantageous circumstances. They should be recognised not criticised.
    The current incumbents are working hard to try to emulate these people and more (by bringing us back), and no one can doubt their efforts (for which we should be thankful), but the results are as yet inconclusive.
    We all support the club at differing levels, according to a wide variety of factors, and no-one should be made to feel as if they aren't really a true supporter or they soon won't be
    This is a open forum for debate, whatever the views being aired, no one should be criticised for their view or shut down, even if people don't agree with it.

Right, I'm off to creosote the bathroom.

See you Saturday

Everyone a bit frustrated today as things not going well ? Need to channel that into making things better surely. Whilst shandy doing his bathroom, I might watch one of my Ipswich dvds to remind me of the time they were not total shite. If Ipswich, Glos and mangos go down this year, that is going to be a right pi55er. Still, not long to the cricket season

Where have I criticised the team?