Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ET today

Firstly thank you to the person or persons who paid for the coach, allowing so many of our fans to travel. It didn't help the result but East Thurrock were very complimentary about our numbers and noise.

The team sheet doesn't lie and if we compare this squad to one's on previous relegation battles it doesn't compare well. That said first 7 or 8 minutes there appeared to be some fire in our belly and we took the game to them. However a long, looping cross wasn't dealt with and yet again another header ends up in the back of the net.

Sadly the reaction was exactly the same as its been all season. Nobody on the pitch telling the players to pick themselves up or the like. Just heads down straight away. Within 5 minutes of the goal we could have been three down. We fall to pieces and unfortunately it's almost a certainty that if you score against us you'll win.

There was very little quailty in that first half however there was a penalty shout which looked pretty obvious to me, once again the match day officials thought otherwise. Shock

Second half was a carbon copy of the first. Again we had most of the ball but created nothing. Bailey is quite clearly a talented player and most of the ball was going to him in the middle but his end product today was garbage. He held onto it for far too long and every corner we had that he took he failed to even beat the first man. Very disappointing.

Thomas, who contributed precisely nothing sadly, came off and Andre Wright came on. His performance was abject at best. When you want players running through walls you don't want one that is sauntering about. The second goal came courtesy of him putting in a nothing challenge and then breaking.

We then had two further penalty decisions both not given. One of those was absolutely blatant and infront of the officials. I give up.

As it stands this team is ridiculously low on confidence and quite clearly is not good enough. We're in massive trouble.

I don’t know about Southbound but we will be Southern League bound if we don’t bring in half a dozen decent players. SB your entry sums it up perfectly.

The assistant referees shirt was 9 sizes too small as well.

Twat.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    The assistant referees shirt was 9 sizes too small as well.

Twat.
    And he was just a shit Phillip Schofield
    Last edited by Eric Van Der Floof; 05-01-19 at 10:35 PM.

He didn't bring Holly either then.

Twat.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    He didn't bring Holly either then.

Twat.
    Would have made the day a bit more bearable if he did

And he didn't have his guide dog. I'm all in favour of diversity but surely appointing visually impaired officials is taking things a bit far...

Dom Joly summed up perfectly ( to much to copy with a quote).

I know it would have made little difference as I would have been amazed if we had scored a 2nd, but I still can't believe the ref didn't give a pen in the 2nd half. It was right in front of him and he was taken out when he only had the keeper to beat. I've seen some shockers this season, but that one could be the worst yet.

I the last two games we have shipped five goals, all headers doesn't that say something about our central defenders are they all Draculars