Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ET today

I thought the effort was pretty good today and overall we were the better team. The problem is we tried to play football on a rubbish pitch against a limited opposition who played the referee. I can’t remember them having any chances other than the 2 they scored from. We just need to circle the wagons and go again.
    Unlucky with the refs decisions today.
    We need a dirty bugger in the middle to muscle them around a bit.
    Keep the faith.

If we had a goal for every time someone said were we were the better side today we would be playing Chelsea next week, and before anyone else can say it Webby and Greener out Bring back Toddy..

Webbys post match interview says some of the players in the changing room are willing to take pay cuts to bring in reinforcements.

Despite the awful situation we find ourselves in, makes you proud to be a City fan knowing some lads have said that.

Wouldn't happen at Charlton FC
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by runcorn flag View Post
    Webbys post match interview says some of the players in the changing room are willing to take pay cuts to bring in reinforcements.

Despite the awful situation we find ourselves in, makes you proud to be a City fan knowing some lads have said that.
    Its heartwarming to hear but shouldnt come to that.

It's the board and fans that should volunteer to raise funds to reinforce the squad not the players.

Im not saying its the answer to our problems or that we should be expecting this, just nice to know there are players that do really care for the cause.

Agree with all of the above posts. Fair play to the dedication of the lads. I think we've got a lot of heart in the squad. We just need some more quality and leadership.

Injuries clearly aren't helping things, but in the final 3rd we are lacking hugely in quality. We had plenty of the ball especially in the 2nd half, but we could still be playing now and wouldn't have scored. As Paul mentioned we had a blatent penatly turned down in the 2nd half and the ref should really have given one for handball in the first half as well. I didn't see the 1st goal, but the 2nd was a good move and a good cross and was probably the only real quality of the game. Neither keeper had a serious save to make and East Thurrock's only other serious chance was when they had a 3 on 1 fairly late on but they blasted it over the bar. Really the game should have been a 0-0 draw, but there we go.

They tried hard and even though Andre isn't great he did at least look like he cared when he came on in the 2nd half. Whoever takes over as manager has a huge job on his hands because I am struggling to see how we aren't going to go down right now and that is the first time I have thought that in all the years we have played at this level.

As others have said the two shouts for penalties should have been given, the referee didn't have the best of games especially considering the second was near enough in front of him.

That said it wasn't down to the referee that we lost, same issues as in other games in that we have no punch up front. Their keeper didn't have to make a safe until the final minute which tells its own story. The effort was there as always but at this moment the squad we have is not good enough and we have given another three points to a relegation rival.