Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Todd

As a manager( Number 1) he only managed at Eastleigh and City,his playing career is another thing...

I agree he had extensive non-league playing experience, there's no denying that fact. I was referring to Severnsider's comment that "Has to be a manager with proven experience at this level". If you read his post in full I would think he's referring to more than just non-league playing experience...

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    But there was nothing wrong with the decision to have gone with Todd. At the time it looked a very good appointment and we did well to get someone like him. Obviously it didn't work out in the end, but I certainly don't blame anyone for making him our manager.
    Agree but giving him a 18month contract was a bit foolhardy and probably proved expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by young alfie View Post
    Agree but giving him a 18month contract was a bit foolhardy and probably proved expensive.
    Thatís just hindsight though. Bear in mind we had just had our previous manager poached (who was it that deviously tapped him up again?) after a year of upheaval, I can understand the desire to signal some stability. It didnít work out, but the payoff was probably pocket change compared to a helicopter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Joly's Publicist View Post
    If we look at Todd's signings;

Andre Wright - Was excellent against Woking, but then the entire team was bar the keeper, but since then has progressively got worse. His body language and overall effort is woeful. Bin him off please
    Adam Pryzbeck - Jury was out on him. Never felt comfortable when the ball was passed back to him and he didn't command his box well. Hannah was a better player
    Harry Warwick- Was benched quite a lot but never had the impact that was needed nor ever really impressed when we did see him
    Wes Atkinson - Pure bad luck with this one. Could have been a really great signing
    Tyler Weir - Assume Webby and Greener brought Tyler back. Has done ok with the occasional concern but it's a big step-up from the Midland league
    Aj Sesay - Cost us the game against Woking and always looked like he had a massive gaffe in him. No surprise he did. Awful signing
    Odin Bailey - Skillfull and has shown glimpses of quality, but I don't think Todd knew where to play which makes you wonder why he signed him?
    Jo Jo Wollacott - Finally a decent enough replace for Yates/Hannah
    Adam Robbins - Signed from nowhere. Decent enough debut v Torquay but awful v Weston (where he was played out of position). Jury is out
    Issac Pearce - Failed to live up to the hype so far, poor body language

Any that I've missed? Overall the vast majority have been worse than he's let go.
    I forgot two.

Zaid Al Hussaini - Again, didn't know where to play him and ended up being benched
    Josh Thomas - Same as above

That's 12 players he brought in and most of them have been worse than what he released. The team has been ruined.

And I think these are the nine players that went under him;

Matt Williams
    Jamie Edge
    Adam Page
    Fabien Robert
    Jack Deaman
    Jamal Lawrence
    Issac Kelly
    Andrew Hannah
    Ben Seymour

bring back Edge

Quote Originally Posted by GDE View Post
    bring back Edge
    You must be joking the only half decent players there is Deaman and maybe Kelly, the rest contributed to where we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by young alfie View Post
    You must be joking the only half decent players there is Deaman and maybe Kelly, the rest contributed to where we are now.
    Agree, I would have Deaman back, the rest thanks but no thanks.

Jack ok but we are ok for defenders we need some decent midfielders (not being disrespectful to the ones that are there) Defence starts at the front and this is not happening