Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Chris Todd

Charlie's comments have thoroughly dissected the dross that is that "Club statement".

My question is: why is the manager giving the Club statement at a time when everyone is slating his terrible tenure of our football team. Any chance of some comment from the board?

It says to me that his position isn't really under that much threat at all. Interesting on the Hereford thread "Richards Out" there's this comment -

Harris and Richards have been an absolute carcrash. A record of played 12, won 1, drawn 4 and lost 7 would get you the sack at any other club in the country so why is Ken dithering when anyone with half a brain can see we're heading for certain relegation?
    Try played 15, won 0, drawn 4 and lost 11 and still getting backed!! If Hereford is a car crash we are a cataclysmic event.

Presumably if this has come from the clubs official account, we can assume they are giving him their backing?

I feel that the future of Gloucester City is currently being put in extreme jeopardy to keep a man on an 18 month contract (that may even be the only reason they are wanting to hang onto him).

Heís completely lost the backing of the fans and appears to have lost command of the team. He might be a nice guy with good intentions but we have to do what is best for Gloucester City, and if that involves finding the money to buy out a contract then so be it. It will cost us a whole lot more in the long run if we donít.

I don't think the board will do anything, sacking him will only prove they know little about football for giving him the job and a long contract. Most companies taking on new managers senior or junior will put clauses in their contracts so if things don't work out they can fire them out.

Complete fucking joke how can we stand by a manager that's hasn't won a league game in 3 months also lose in the FA Trophy to a team a league below us. Any other club would not take this. If any supporter is still backing Todd than they must be blinkered. There is no excuses tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Davem city fan View Post
    Complete fucking joke how can we stand by a manager that's hasn't won a league game in 3 months also lose in the FA Trophy to a team a league below us. Any other club would not take this. If any supporter is still backing Todd than they must be blinkered. There is no excuses tbh
    Not blinkered at all

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Tango View Post
    Not blinkered at all
    Please tell us what the vast majority of us are missing then.

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    Please tell us what the vast majority of us are missing then.
    Call me deluded or whatever tbh I couldnít really give a toss!!

I just believe itís gonna change

"This has not been right all season and cracks have been papered over"

Now I don't see many City games living down south, but what I saw at Dorking and Hungerford and Chippenham showed that we DID have what we need to survive in this league. The huge number of changes since, and the promise of "more to come", is not the solution. The manager's job is not to continually replace players, but to get the absolute best from the ones already in situ, who proved themselves perfectly capable in the first couple of months of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Tango View Post
    Call me deluded or whatever tbh I couldn’t really give a toss!!

I just believe it’s gonna change
    But why? I thought things were going to change as well because I saw some promise in the early stages, but we have gone backwards and the record can't be excused.