Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chairman of The Supporters's Trust

Thank you for all you have done, Taff.

Thanks for everything Taff. Big shoes to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Pims manager again View Post
    Well done Taff, a man of the highest integrity.
    I always got the impression that life with our new board wasnít easy for you and I can only thank you for the enthusiasm, humour and loyalty.
    I echo the above.

Thanks Taff

Iím not involved in anything other than turning up for matches and going home after but I can see how much hard work youíve put in and have nothing but admiration for everything youíve done for the trust and the club...and Iím sure thereís even more youíve done that Iím completely oblivious to!
    Will be sad to see you step down.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I'm glad you included that line. Far too often people have taken up that role, stepped down and then disappeared.
    As in propping up a motorway bridge?

Another loss for the club, but understand why you've chosen to do this. Stay close. Incidentally all these years I've known you and I didn't realise that you'd emigrated here from Wales.

That changes nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Tigermatty View Post
    Be a bit more specific...
    Not you, probably more so the old supporters club.

Taff thanks for all your efforts

I became the first Chair of the Trust way back in the last century, having previously been appointed Chairman of a reformed Supporters' Club at a gathering in the Sir Colin Campbell - not long after the first flood as I recall. I felt privileged to do the job and very much enjoyed the company and support of a wonderful committee. It was not all plain sailing of course, but looking back I only remember the fun we had.

Taff was a member of that first committee and it goes without saying that he contributed to the fun. He has stayed closer to supporters than I and has championed the Trust for a long time now.

I hope that he may come to look back on good times himself and look forward to enjoying the pitchside banter with which we will always associate him (esp. perhaps, for those who were there, with the goalkeeper up at Rocester - the muppet)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    I became the first Chair of the Trust way back in the last century, having previously been appointed Chairman of a reformed Supporters' Club at a gathering in the Sir Colin Campbell - not long after the first flood as I recall. I felt privileged to do the job and very much enjoyed the company and support of a wonderful committee. It was not all plain sailing of course, but looking back I only remember the fun we had.

Taff was a member of that first committee and it goes without saying that he contributed to the fun. He has stayed closer to supporters than I and has championed the Trust for a long time now.

I hope that he may come to look back on good times himself and look forward to enjoying the pitchside banter with which we will always associate him (esp. perhaps, for those who were there, with the goalkeeper up at Rocester - the muppet)
    Who could forget what happened at Rocester!