Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chairman of The Supporters's Trust

Chairman of The Supporters's Trust

I advised the Supporters’ Trust Board, at the meeting held tonight, that I will be resigning as Chairman after the Dulwich Hamlet game, on 22nd December, where I will be writing my final match-day programme notes. In addition, I will be stepping down from the Trust Board.

This is not a decision that I have taken lightly, but feel that this will provide the Trust with an opportunity to restructure its relationship with the Football Club. It was my intention to remain in post until we return to Meadow Park but have decided that the time is right to step aside.

It has been a privilege to serve the Trust, Supporters, and the Football Club which I have become very attached to since my move from South Wales. I have attempted, and hopefully succeeded in the main, to represent the Trust to the best of my ability often during difficult times. As reiterated on many occasions, I am very proud of the achievements of the Trust which has only been possible due to the exceptional hard work of members both past and present.

I would like to wish everyone associated with Gloucester City the very best for the future which will hopefully result in an imminent return home.

I would like to thank the supporters, many of whom have become personal friends, for their tremendous support both on a personal level and as Chairman of the Trust. You are a credit to the Football Club and Non League Football in general.

I will continue to support the Football Club and provide support and advice to my successor, if required.

Finally, I would like thank the Trust Board for their continued support during my time as Chairman.

You will appreciate that it has not been easy to compose this statement. I will end by saying a very big thank you to you all.

Taff Compton
    Chairman of Supporters Trust

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    I will continue to support the Football Club and provide support and advice to my successor, if required.
    I'm glad you included that line. Far too often people have taken up that role, stepped down and then disappeared.

Sad to read the news Taff although I am not that surprised you have come to that decision. All being well I shall see you at the Dulwich game .

Ian
    Thank you for your time and effort. It has been greatly appreciated.

When such heart-wrenching decisions are taken all I can say is:

A man's got to do - what a man's got to do!

Well done Taff, a man of the highest integrity.
    I always got the impression that life with our new board wasn’t easy for you and I can only thank you for the enthusiasm, humour and loyalty.

Thanks for everything Taff you will be missed.

Thanks for everything Taff

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I'm glad you included that line. Far too often people have taken up that role, stepped down and then disappeared.
    Be a bit more specific...

Sorry to see you go, Taff, thanks for all you have done.

Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled View Post
    Sorry to see you go, Taff, thanks for all you have done.
    I can't say better than that.

Bob