Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Chelmsford

Why wasn't Sam sent off ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeglos View Post
    Why wasn't Sam sent off ?
    Isn't the rule now if an attempt to play the ball is made then the player is no longer sent off (if last man and in the box)? Not a ref or a stickler for the rules so not sure if that is the case but know the rules changed a couple of seasons ago on it.

Quote Originally Posted by runcorn flag View Post
    Isn't the rule now if an attempt to play the ball is made then the player is no longer sent off (if last man and in the box)? Not a ref or a stickler for the rules so not sure if that is the case but know the rules changed a couple of seasons ago on it.
    Yeah that is correct and he would have had a likely red card if the free kick had been given although I still think to me he won the ball and it wasn't a foul in the first place.
    Last edited by Darran; 03-12-18 at 11:39 AM.

I was on the side in the stand with Chelmsford fans...Not one of them cried out for a penalty...

Never a penalty if the defender was a bit quicker he wouldn't have had to make a lunge, forwards are just looking for an excuse to dive. This isn't the first time we have been robbed by an incompetent numpty in black and it wont be the last, so don't dive in.

In all fairness ‘Alfie’ I was at the game due to very generous sponsors that allowed the coach to run. The attacker beat Sam for pace as we had given the ball away higher in the pitch.Sam was trying to turn on a very wet and greasy surface as the attacker burst forward. He had little option but to try an attempted tacked from the side which actually caught the attacker and he could not keep his feet. It was clearly way outside the box and although both players momentum slid them towards the penalty area, I feared the worst and looked over towards the linesman on the far side who should have been in a position to show the referee if it had been in the box. The referee never looked and the linesman never argued. A clear mistake......should have been at least a yard outside. But I held my breath as Sam could have seen red, although as pointed out if a genuine challenge is made then it must be yellow....goal scoring opportunity or not.

With the new rules you want the CB to make a tackle even if it was a bit late however you canít anticipate that the referee will get it wrong.

Whatever the ref gives against us he wouldn't give it in our favour at the other end of the pitch.