Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flat as a pancake.

Those grass pitches, they never take on as they never last the course!

Thank god the club went with grass. Can't stand watching football on a 3g pitch.

It used to be a rare novelty. After the NLS I'm bloody sick of them!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    It used to be a rare novelty. After the NLS I'm bloody sick of them!
    Currently none in the NLN at the moment which is odd given you would think they would have more need for them given the weather tends to be worse up north.

Funny that it appears to be the same people that want to stick with grass that criticise me for not using social media accounts - who are the old-fashioned stick in the muds now? (With grass you could be stuck in the mud, particularly in the goal mouths).

I don't think anyone is criticising you Bob, just giving you a gentle leg pull.

Going back to grass, what I would say is that however desperate we are to get back to MP one of the fundamentals is that the pitch should be seeded well, and giving plenty of time to establish before being played on. This requires a number of cuts, weeds and re-seeds over up to a whole year. We could cut corners and timescales but this might be storing up problems for the future.

Personally I would have preferred a 4g over grass, but only marginally, and for commercial reasons only.

Totally agree Doc, they are a bunch of stick in the muds, refuse to move with the times,

Even the gee gee people are planing to get a new type of race track, built on ordinary roads, sand based, as long as it is five furlong long and straight, like up The Mall In London, laid and lifted in one day!

That's the way to go , but then it's Peter Phillips in charge, and no one is going to argue with his granny

Perhaps criticise was a poor choice of words, but in my view a grass pitch is not forward looking, nor a good choice business wise, and it will take much longer to bed in than an artificial one delaying our return home even longer.

Quote Originally Posted by drbob View Post
    Perhaps criticise was a poor choice of words, but in my view a grass pitch is not forward looking, nor a good choice business wise, and it will take much longer to bed in than an artificial one delaying our return home even longer.
    I don't believe the keys will be handed over to play on the ground until December 2019 (that's my belief anyhow from Rod Jenner a month or so back) unless anyone else knows any different?

Well I hope we learn from Eveshams mistakes. The portable stands should be nearer the pitch, the stand at Evesham is set too far back with a wasted tarmac area in front which no one is allowed to watch from. The floodlight stanchions should be behind the stands and not blocking spectators view and with the open ends on the stand the first six tiers of seats cannot be used when the weather is wet. Also I think we should have some sort of cover for the away end or home end second half ( Just a couple of pointers)