Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Woodward

John Woodward

Very saddened to hear of Johnís passing. I must have spoken with him on countless occasions down the years but only learned his name from todayís programme. I always found him as his picture shows : genial and cheerful. A real loss

He upset Boris once!

Sorry to read about this too.

Can you post the picture from the programme please.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

From my time scanning old newspapers I recall that he won a City related competition once. A long time ago!

Bugger. John was a lovely bloke. Always stopped for a chat. Very sad news. Rest in peace John.

So sorry to hear this sad news.
    I lived next door to John in Kimberley Close many years ago, he was not just a great supporter but an incredibly nice man.
    Sincere condolences to San and the family, RIP John.

Does anyone have details of the funeral as we would like to attend.

A smashing bloke. A passionate supporter of the Club and Trust. Very sad news.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewego View Post
    So sorry to hear this sad news.
    I lived next door to John in Kimberley Close many years ago, he was not just a great supporter but an incredibly nice man.
    Sincere condolences to San and the family, RIP John.

Does anyone have details of the funeral as we would like to attend.
    what part of the old stadium were your houses built on?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    what part of the old stadium were your houses built on?
    Kimberley Close is the other side of Horsbere Brook, from where the old ground was (now Manor Park).

The first part of Manor Park (2 to about 18) and Wishford Close existed before the ground was sold, when built on it became an extension of Manor Park.
    The back of our house would probably of looked out onto the back of the main stand, but Manor Park was there before Kimberely Close.