Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Biggleswade

Would we settle for winning ugly against our lower reach rivals? I wouldn't. We need to get it together and win properly.

Ugly would do me just fine. Survival is all that matters.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    Ugly would do me just fine. Survival is all that matters.
    Amen brother, would take an ugly win like Woking had against us any day!

Anyone would think we were already in the relegation zone and detached, but we aren't in the bottom 3 yet. Those sides that go down again tend to have serious issues and now there are 4 leagues at Step 3 I think it would be pretty much impossible for a club like ours to go down again. There are some pretty poor teams at Step 3 this season and also we beat the team who are top of the Bostik Premier at the moment in the FA Cup this season. Bar a shocking error from the keeper against Woking we would have picked up 3 points against the team who are currently top of the league. A team who have only lost once in the league this season are clearly a useful side and I think looking at the bigger picture is needed. We have lost to much worse sides in the cup's before.

In a good few of the seasons we've been at this level a team that is actually cut adrift has gone on a run and risen dramatically. Our current form is undoubtedly relegation form. Even the most positive of us can see that. It says a lot about the teams below us though. We are in a terrible run and even that hasn't taken us into the bottom 3 (yet). But form is just that, and we'll have a better run. It's inevitable.
    I'm not saying we are safe, far from it. We also are far from "Doomed" and even an average run will see us move up the table.
    The best way we can help that happen is to continue to support the team, and CT.

So that's what I'll be doing, starting in Chelmsford on Saturday.

We must return home at this level, let's do our bit!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

I think we are all doing our bit , we have followed this team for 12 years playing all our games awayfrom home.When Darren say things aren't that bad when did he last watch city it certainly wasn't last Sunday. I haven't missed a home game this season and apart from the Woking game (and we managed to throw that away) we haven't put in a decent performance yet.

I'm not saying we aren't, Ken, and sometimes it's far from easy I know. I just mean it is vital we continue to do so.

The saying I believe is that it's easy to support a team when they're doing well.

Obviously, we wouldn't know!

The difference this season compared to others where we’ve dragged ourselves out is, I think, we had better teams. This group is going to have to really dig deep to get us out again.

We haven't been great all season whether under Richards or Todd and there are players, some still here, that have been questioned as to whether they are National league quality for the last year or so let alone this season. But financially we can only get what we can afford, so it's no real surprise. We got dumped out the Trophy on Sunday to a team a divison lower but with a forward who hadn't missed 4 or 5 clear cut chances Plymouth Parkway could have done us in the FA Cup. And they are a lot lower than Biggleswade.

Some players have gone that I personally agreed with and some others, Hannah and Kelly, I question. I still am adamant that had Hannah been in goal against Woking we would have won that game. But anyway. We have the games to get ourselves out of trouble but with the piss poor form we are in who in their right mind would back us right now. Some serious ass kicking needs to happen regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by young alfie View Post
    I think we are all doing our bit , we have followed this team for 12 years playing all our games awayfrom home.When Darren say things aren't that bad when did he last watch city it certainly wasn't last Sunday. I haven't missed a home game this season and apart from the Woking game (and we managed to throw that away) we haven't put in a decent performance yet.
    I suspect I have been to more games than you think I have. The last game I went to was Hemel, where I was critical especially on the 2nd half performance. I was also one of the dozen or so at Wealdstone where again I was very critical. Would have been at Chelmsford on Saturday as well but I can't get the day off work. I think there is very little between most of the teams in the division from what I have seen and the table suggests that as well. The only game I have really seen where we were well beaten was Welling, but apart from that we haven't been far away at all although like I have always said we are lacking a goalscorer.

At this point of time I don't think we will go down as I think we are good enough to start picking up points. Cup form and league form can be two very different things and I don't think what happened on Sunday has much if any bearing on what will happen to our league position come April. I will start worrying if come January 5th we still haven't won a game.
    Last edited by Darran; 27-11-18 at 03:29 PM.