Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Biggleswade

All very true we must keep faith in Chris and hope he can keep bringing players in until he can find a balanced squad, if that means shipping players out who aren't performing and using their wages to strengthen then so be it.Then perhaps we can start enjoying our football again.

I was just about to buy Chris Todd's book for my one year old niece, for Christmas (1). Do you think I should hang on for a few weeks?

(1) she has agreed to lend it to me

Quote Originally Posted by Shandy. View Post
    I was just about to buy Chris Todd's book for my one year old niece, for Christmas (1). Do you think I should hang on for a few weeks?

(1) she has agreed to lend it to me
    Buy it anyway. It is a fantastic read. I got my copy signed by Toddy as well!

Quote Originally Posted by MeadowClark View Post
    The difference this season compared to others where we’ve dragged ourselves out is, I think, we had better teams. This group is going to have to really dig deep to get us out again.
    I think you’ve hit the nail on the head in two words - “team” and “group” - what we have this season is a group of players who don’t play together as a team, which is hardly surprising with all the changes there have been, particularly with all the loan players who have come and gone.

It takes time for any group of players to become a team, but we’re running out of time for this to happen. There are games over the next six weeks that we can’t really afford to lose (WSM x2, Hungerford, East Thurrock) or we will probably be in the bottom three by mid January.
    Last edited by drbob; 27-11-18 at 09:55 PM.

Those games you've mentioned are mouth watering. A terrific advert for non-league football!

True.

Better to be playing in meaningful games whatever end of the table than boring mid-table uninterestings.

Bring me mid table by winning the interestings then we have the best of both