Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Woking

Attacking thought we looked great, Andre holds up superbly and Jake scored two top goals. Hanks whipped in some top balls into the box (and a couple of awful ones) and Oddin looked confident on the ball. We almost went 4-2 up when Harry had one cleared off the line.

However at the back, I thought both were penalties and even if they werenít, you still donít give the ref the opportunity to give them by sticking out a foot or raising your elbow when diving to block a cross. The third goal- well that was just stupid from the keeper, nothing else to say. The fourth, didnít really register just saw it hit the net and then I was immediately deflated.

Played very well tonight all over the pitch. Keep playing like that and we'll be fine. Some really classy attacking play. I largely liked the keeper as a shot stopper but if he'd kept his distribution simpler we'd be here with 3 points not 0.

It feels like we turned a corner tonight, but have sod all to show for it. Keep the faith. COYY.

According to the Woking forum their winning goal was actually an own goal .

When your luck's out, it's really out...

In 55+ years of watching football and despite the many positives I can't remember ever feeling so deflated after a game. More to the point: with only a couple of days to recover and some of them carrying knocks and generally out on their feet towards the end of the match, will the players be able pick themselves up for Saturday - a must win game against a side who have lost their last 3 .
    Nerdy note: Woking have now had 11 penalties this season, only missing 1 of them.

We haven't missed any!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Words cannot describe that game last night but I'll try....

Open start to the match with both sides having early chances.

Sesay making his debut on loan from Bristol City makes a terrific save to deny Woking an opener. However 10 minutes later he then makes frankly a lazy throw right down the centre pretty much, straight to a Woking player who ran straight through our defence. Very slight contact, player stayed on his feet and no Woking players appealed but this is against us so of course the ref gives a penalty. Sesay gets a hand to it but can't keep it out. 1 down.

We then equalise from a corner, great header from Jackson and before you know it we've stormed into a 3-1 lead. Jackson's superb finish past the keeper being the highlight. However just before the first half comes to an end, another penalty is given. Couldn't get a good view of it but looked like it was ball to hand rather than hand to ball with our player (Noah was it?) having no way of getting out of the way. So another dodgy penalty given...another goal. 3-2.

Second half kicks off and it's fairly uneventful, however as the game grows this keeper we have becomes more and more "eccentric" lets say, darting about his box with the ball and just generally cocking about with it. Every single one of us behind the goal is saying this guy has got a gaffe in him....

We then almost score a fourth twice, Andre Wright's shot is literally inches away from going in and Harry Williams strike is cleared off the line. Andre Wright was superb by the way, really impressive performance.

The ref then loses the plot completely. Noah Smerdon is booked for nothing and the ref produces a red card straight after. After a minute or so of protests, Smerdon starts walking off the field. At that point the ref then realises he's totally messed it up and hasn't booked Smerdon yet, so calls him back and gives him a yellow. Could only happen to us. It's a disgrace that someone obviously so inept is running games at this level.

1 minute of normal time left...defence passes the ball to Sesay and in typical fashion instead of clearing his lines he decides to do something totally different instead and he bizarrely kicks it forward straight to Kretzshmar who can't believe his luck and it goes in. 3-3. For Gods sake.

At this point a lot of our players drop to their knees and you know what is gonna happen...

5 mins of extra time is given. 2 minutes of that is thanks to the referees' fuck up with the red card. And in the 4th and a bit minute, Woking get a corner and it's headed in. By who, God knows. Could have been a OG. But 4-3 Woking and within 30 seconds of the restart the final whistle sounds.

Why oh why oh why do we continually shoot ourselves in the foot?! What has Hannah done to deserve being bombed out twice? We don't learn. We did it last season and brought Hamon in who dropped clanger after clanger costing us points. Whilst the ref was appalling, the defeat comes at the hands of our goalkeeper.

The performance was much better, we attacked well and showed real passion. But once again we've got sod all from it. 7 games and 7 defeats is an appalling start no matter how it's dressed up. I don't expect miracles but I don't accept defeats just because we didn't lose by much either. We have to get something on Saturday or I'm sorry but the jury is well and truly out for me.
    Last edited by Dom Joly's Publicist; 15-11-18 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Joly's Publicist View Post
    The performance was much better, we attacked well and showed real passion. But once again we've got sod all from it. 7 games and 7 defeats is an appalling start no matter how it's dressed up. I don't expect miracles but I don't accept defeats just because we didn't lose by much either. We have to get something on Saturday or I'm sorry but the jury is well and truly out for me.
    Can't really argue with that last sentance, don't get me wrong we have played well in patches during this bad run but you don't lose 8 out of 9 league games by being unlucky

Was it Joe Hanks that got sent off for the 'double' yellow initially, until the ref finally decided to have a chat with the linesman on the far side? The booking was for kicking the ball away after the free-kick was given - although I thought Hanksy kicked itprior to the whistle being blown meaning the ball was still in play.

I'm pretty sure it was Noah got a harsh yellow for kicking the ball away after we were given a free kick in our box. The ref thought it was his second so sent him off. Noah started walking until someone pointed out to him and the ref he hadn't been booked previously. Incompetent twat.

Totally deflated after that

The ref should have been wearing a red and white shirt

If the Woking report is right we actually gave them all four goals

Doesn't look like my clean sheet donation is under much threat this season