Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hemel v's City

Hemel v's City

1-0 down in thirteen minutes.

Not a good start, seems almost inevitable too

Half time: HH 1 City 0

Went behind in thirteenth minute and sounds like we've been second best for most of the time.

Joe Parker has gone off injured.

Lost 2-1 Hanks for City mmmm...

Full Time: Lost 2-1

Conceded a second goal in thirteenth minute of second half (unlucky minute?). Hanks pulled one back in stoppage time - too little, too late.

Since September 1st it's now P10 W0 D1 L9 F5 A13 - One point from ten matches - in anybody's book that's relegation form.

Looking at Football Web Pages we're bottom of the form table for our division - one point from the last six matches - that sounds better than one point from ten matches until you look at the other teams around us.

Reading up from the bottom:

Weston have five points from their last six matches, East Thurrock have four, Hungerford have three, Truro have five.

Above us:

Oxford have seven points from six matches, Hampton have four, Dulwich have eleven.

We need a run like Dulwich have just had to haul ourselves out of this.

Let's start with Woking on Odin's Day evening - they've had a bad run recently getting only six points in their last six matches, but are still third in the division, because they're very difficult to beat - they've only lost two of the last six matches and have only lost three times so far this season.

COYY

The trap door beckons Toddy has a lot of work to sort this one out but if anyone can he can I would rather be in his shoes than Riccos tonight.

Not a good watch at all. We should have scored before they did but the shot was straight at the keepers balls although it was a cracking move in the first place. We gave the ball away for their 1st but it was a cracking finish to be fair. We probably threatened more than they did after that and had another good chance that again was straight at the keeper. We did have the ball in the net, but it was ruled out for offside. The big problem was the 2nd half because as soon as they scored their 2nd you knew we wouldn't score 2. We barely had a chance after that and Hemel were really comfortable. The goal was a free kick which only went in because of keeper error, but to be fair to him the weather was shocking in the 2nd half although he will be thinking he should have kept it out.

Thought Bailey did well although he went off injured and it looked like a hamstring or a thigh strain to me so I can't see him playing on Wednesday at the very least. The frustrating thing is we aren't that far away and Hemel were nothing special, but to give them such an easy afternoon in the end was annoying. I've now seen 7 teams that we have played against and there really is very little between the teams in the division this season and it is no surprise the league is so tight. I sort of get the feeling that one win might see us push on, but the problem is getting that one win. Let's hope Woking have their mind on the FA Cup on Wednesday.

It really surprises me Toddy doesn't think we need a striker because we do. It also worries me that we seem to be making more mistakes in defence than we were earlier in the season.

I believe we have a striker. I thought Andre was our best player today, worked his socks off and turned his defender on many occasions. We were a bit unfortunate to lose Joey so early as he was causing problems and both Andre and Joey seemed to be linking up well with young Harry Warwick. I could see a lot of positives today and feel that Harry WILLIAMS is nearly there. I think Woking will be tough for us as we now seem to be carrying a lot of knocks.........still onwards and upwards. Great following today.......I also thought that Jake Jackson showed plenty of pace when he came on.
    We need our new signing fit at the back to allow Joey Hanks a more midfield roll.

Quote Originally Posted by graymim View Post
    I believe we have a striker. I thought Andre was our best player today, worked his socks off and turned his defender on many occasions. We were a bit unfortunate to lose Joey so early as he was causing problems and both Andre and Joey seemed to be linking up well with young Harry Warwick. I could see a lot of positives today and feel that Harry WILLIAMS is nearly there. I think Woking will be tough for us as we now seem to be carrying a lot of knocks.........still onwards and upwards. Great following today.......I also thought that Jake Jackson showed plenty of pace when he came on.
    We need our new signing fit at the back to allow Joey Hanks a more midfield roll.
    As I have said on here before I am a big fan of Andre, but he needs someone who can put the ball away to play off him because he doesn't seem to me that he is a 20 goal a season striker. That will hopefully be Harry.

Sounds like Bailey came off as more a precaution so fingers crossed he is OK. St Albans on Saturday is an interesting game because they score plenty of goals, but let in plenty as well. That suggests we will be able to create a few chances and hopefully we can put some of those away.