Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamie Edge

For those not on Twitter, this is what Edgey said :

‘Player of the month in October, released in November. This morning I received a phone call from @GCAFCofficial manager who proceeded to tell me he is releasing me from the club, this follows being voted player of the month last month. I'd like to think that everyone who has Met me in and out of football would agree that I carry myself with class and that I am respected. To be released via a phone call on a Sunday morning after all the hard work I have put in for the football club is something that I find an absolute disgrace! I've never been prouder playing for my hometown club it's been an absolute pleasure, thank you to all the fans and players, I really do hope that one day I'll get to play for Gloucester in Gloucester. Love you all’

According to the programme Jamal has been released too: hardly a surprise I suppose but good luck to him and thanks/commiserations for the dreary and dispiriting job of warming the subs bench week after week.

I think our friend Tigerroar needs updating (Not least the cover page!)
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

And Isaac Kelly has left as well. I'm surprised there wasn't any announcement by the club about these two being released.

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    I think our friend Tigerroar needs updating (Not least the cover page!)
    Was waiting for someone to notice that. I'm more concerned about your twitter cover page!

Quote Originally Posted by CityGull View Post
    According to the programme Jamal has been released too: hardly a surprise I suppose but good luck to him and thanks/commiserations for the dreary and dispiriting job of warming the subs bench week after week.
    The manager did say that he wanted people to come off of the bench who could change the game. Did anyone feel that any of these three could be that player? I don't.

He's going to want to bring in his own players.

A managers job is difficult and sometimes unpopular decisions have to be made like Spencer being subbed in the first half but watching the game you could understand why.Sam scored a real good header but in the second half made the biggest mistake of his career when we were attacking fell over the ball and gave it to Dartford two passes and we were behind Being a young team perhaps it's time for guidance and a fresh captain to shake things up on the pitch. I'm sure Chris Todd will know what's got to be done and wont hesitate to get the job done . In Toddy we trust.

He's a Gloucester lad and with Arsenal on his CV has some pedigree...but...let's not carried away here. Some people in our support are referring to him on social media like he was a footballing God and not a bloke that has largely been anonymous continually in a city shirt. The occasional pretty good performance isn't good enough when it's 1 out of 9. His passing is good and he has improved but frankly we are in a relegation battle, as of now at least, and we have a "luxury" player already in Fabien who is a better player than Edge. We need a combative midfielder with some grit who can also weigh in with some goals. Lee Mansell anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Was waiting for someone to notice that. I'm more concerned about your twitter cover page!
    Don't you like it?

Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

That is not Neil he is smiling!!