Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dartford Match-day Programme - Trust Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gage View Post
    Hahahaha....Fine thanks we still talk.
    Phew...

An excellent post CG, letís erase a couple of acronyms from the City vocabulary..TH ..MR.
    Hereford is 30 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gage View Post

The narrative of Taffís notes reminded me of the time I brought my girlfriend Gemma home from Uni to meet my Nan, who firstly welcomed her with open arms, then proceeded to talk for 20 mins about the girl I had gone out with months before Gemma and how great she was.
    Great post, Chris. Thank you for taking the time to share all the info and your perspective.

Good analogy, when you put it like that I canít argue.

Though a simple removal of three paragraphs would have done the job, rather than remove the whole lot.

Chris, have you got any photos of Gemma?
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

he has but can not show

After over 30 posts on the subject I just wanted to add a couple of extra thoughts, branching away from the main theme, I think we all get that now.

Firstly, to me it is noted how Taff has not got involved in this, he stated the facts and kept a diplomatic silence and distance. The sign of a true statesman, in the world of footballing supporters, and a worthy head of an important body.

But also, and in balance, I was thinking earlier that if I was the programme editor, putting in a lot of unpaid hours on top of my paid job (I assume this is true) to produce a publication almost every week under deadline pressure, earning the club some income, then I would like to be recognised more than just when people are unhappy with something. But unfortunately its human nature that we do not get a 35 post thread when things are going swimmingly along.

So Taff and Matty, keep up the good work!

"Club has ambition"/ "we have to change"/"not content with being little old Gloucester City".
    These are the very words we have needed to hear for a long time. I posted on here not that long ago highlighting that the club had ineffective and inept leadership, no strategy, little communication no business plan and no commitment to returning to Gloucester. Quite rightly I will not dwell on the past but the catalyst appears to have been the mass resignation of people who worked hard for the club for often no reward and also held down full times jobs.
    What held the club back was lack of impetus from the very top and it is very positive that this has now changed and the Club is now being run in a professional manner.
    I joined The Trust because it helped keep the Club I love and have supported for over 50 years in existence and am grateful to the active members who raised money, campaigned and were advocates in keeping the Club breathing and playing football. It is clear that the influence the Trust had on the Management Board is on the wane (quite rightly) as the Club now has officials who are able and willing to show positive leadership to return us to Gloucester. They will be judged on their achievements over the next couple of years and will be happy to say thank you.
    The Trust probably needs to redefine it's purpose and negotiate a new relationship with the Board. I paid my monthly money, sold raffle tickets, sponsored games etc because I felt it made a difference. Circumstances change and I am pleased that the Management of the Club are showing positive leadership and that my contribution does not feel so important any more.

Quote Originally Posted by growlithe View Post
    "Club has ambition"/ "we have to change"/"not content with being little old Gloucester City".
    These are the very words we have needed to hear for a long time. I posted on here not that long ago highlighting that the club had ineffective and inept leadership, no strategy, little communication no business plan and no commitment to returning to Gloucester. Quite rightly I will not dwell on the past but the catalyst appears to have been the mass resignation of people who worked hard for the club for often no reward and also held down full times jobs.
    What held the club back was lack of impetus from the very top and it is very positive that this has now changed and the Club is now being run in a professional manner.
    I joined The Trust because it helped keep the Club I love and have supported for over 50 years in existence and am grateful to the active members who raised money, campaigned and were advocates in keeping the Club breathing and playing football. It is clear that the influence the Trust had on the Management Board is on the wane (quite rightly) as the Club now has officials who are able and willing to show positive leadership to return us to Gloucester. They will be judged on their achievements over the next couple of years and will be happy to say thank you.
    The Trust probably needs to redefine it's purpose and negotiate a new relationship with the Board. I paid my monthly money, sold raffle tickets, sponsored games etc because I felt it made a difference. Circumstances change and I am pleased that the Management of the Club are showing positive leadership and that my contribution does not feel so important any more.
    I'm heartened to hear that such a long standing supporter can see the positive changes.
    However, you are wrong on one aspect. Your contribution (and this goes out to EVERY City fan), whether it be time volunteering, money donated or support on a match day is and will ALWAYS be important and above all, appreciated.
    #UpTheCity