Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wealdstone

Wealdstone

Many making the trek to Wealdstone tonight? Personally would settle for a draw tonight to get the ball rolling for Mr Todd. Couldn't really have picked three tougher games to start your City career off with than what he has been dealt!

Long trip for midweek, especially considering it's not even a rescheduled fixture. Two trips to London in 3 days. Rough.

Would also take a point. Good luck lads.

No point tonight!

Need some on Saturday

Think there was just into double figures of us their tonight. I was really worried after 15/20 minutes as we barely touched the ball and they should have scored although that was really their only chance of the half and we did get into the game more ofter that, but neither side showed any quality when it mattered. 2nd half we started well and then after 10 minutes they scored a wonder goal. After that we played some good football, but everytime we got in a promising position we either made the wrong option or the shot was a tame one straight at their keeper who didn't have to make a serious save all evening. Our keeper made a couple of good saves in the 2nd half, but although they added one late on I didn't think there was a great deal between the sides apart from we couldn't muster a proper shot. It is obvious we are lacking a striker who call score goals. I like Andre and he again looked good in the first half. He is superb at holding up the ball although he does do too much at times, but he strikes me as a striker who creates rather than scores and he needs someone to work off. 2nd half he didn't do much but he looks short of match fitness. The other new striker looks like someone who we don't need at the moment. Tonight the ball came to him and in a great position and he was running through on goal. The very least he should have done was force the keeper into a save yet somehow he didn't even end up having a shot! That to me is a mental thing and we need someone who is at least prepared to have a shot right now and a bit of experience. Like I say we played some good football at times and matched them, but if we don't start scoring goals soon then we could be in trouble.

We thought that we would get nothing from these 3 games against the top sides and that was the result! CT reign starts now!

Quote Originally Posted by GDE View Post
    We thought that we would get nothing from these 3 games against the top sides and that was the result! CT reign starts now!
    Since he has been involved with the club we have played a team from the division above a 3 from the now top 4 all away! And none of them turned us over, onwards and upwards.

I assume Jake Jackson is injured?

I hope Toddy has a few more pokers in the fire and I hope he is pushing to get that experienced right full back fit soon he sounds class. Looking at the fixture list there don't seem many easy games as Ricco is finding in the Northern Section.

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/...ntre/1-3614895

Opener took a wicked deflection and we should've had a penalty when Harry was fouled after he shot.

We aren't going to get a penalty all season are we.

First looks like an own goal to me - I think it was going wide until it hit Sam.