Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Billericay Today

Don't think Todd had any say today as Dave says he was just watching in the stands.

I was fearful we were going to get hammered and for the first half or so of the first half we were barely in the game, however what we were doing was defending very well. Then we started to get a foot hold in the game and by the time they got their goal we were the better side. Would want to see it again, but it looked rather scrappy from the other end. 2nd half we were the better side. We played some really good football and forced their keeper into two great saves as well as hitting the post. Robinson missed an open goal just before the end and then with seconds left we should have had a penalty for handball, but the ref didn't want to know. What surprised me about Billericay was how they just sat off us in the 2nd half and allowed us to build an attack. Seemed to be a lack of energy from them at times.

Tamplin was pretty busy on the touchline and had a right go at their keeper in the 1st half when he should have done better with a free kick and the keeper just laughed at him. That for me sums up what they must think of him and his ideas.

They also charged a pound for any under 11 to get into the ground so for the first time taking my son (who is 2) to any sporting event I had to pay for him. Disgraceful from a club who seemingly want to be at the heart of the community.

Let it go Dazza, it was a quid

(I know, it's the principal!)
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post

Hate to correct your spelling, but itís the principle! 😉

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post

Interesting to see the response the Tweet has got and to see if the club or Tamplin do anything about it.

We played some good football today and were unfortunate not to get anything from the game. On another day we would have won the game by 2 or 3 but it wasnít to be. Have to give credit to Andrew Hannah who came back into the side and was excellent today.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    We played some good football today and were unfortunate not to get anything from the game. On another day we would have won the game by 2 or 3 but it wasnít to be. Have to give credit to Andrew Hannah who came back into the side and was excellent today.
    I was told on good authority that Chris Todd's first signing is a Goalkeeper now this week.
    Could be that after the display yesterday he is thinking perhaps Andrew Hannah deserves a longer run and he needs to look at other area's to bring in his contacts before hand?
    I was also told the playing contacts Chris Todd has is incredible so t will be interesting to see who comes in during the next month or so

Quote Originally Posted by Severnside View Post
    I was told on good authority that Chris Todd's first signing is a Goalkeeper now this week.
    Could be that after the display yesterday he is thinking perhaps Andrew Hannah deserves a longer run and he needs to look at other area's to bring in his contacts before hand?
    I was also told the playing contacts Chris Todd has is incredible so t will be interesting to see who comes in during the next month or so
    Could well be what he meant by food for thought tweet,No doubt that Hannah will feel great after all the praise he received yesterday,I do really think that the board have pulled off a real coup with CT.

Is Hannah cup tied? Would have thought so if he's been playing for Mangotsfield so far this season. Glad the man had a good game yesterday, stepped up to the mark and performed well from what I read.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Is Hannah cup tied? Would have thought so if he's been playing for Mangotsfield so far this season. Glad the man had a good game yesterday, stepped up to the mark and performed well from what I read.
    Don’t think he is. Wasn’t he an unused sub in our game against Plymouth Parkway?

Yeah he was an unused sub against the team with a road for a badge