Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Yates

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    Wonder if those singing Tim's praises at the weekend are thinking again after this? Now I know players follow managers around and don't have an issue with that, but this stinks in my view and I don't think Derby come out of it very well either. Obviously Hereford have offered more money and they have gone yeah go on then, but given the agreement was until the end of the year it is a pretty poor thing to do recall him and then send him back on loan to another team at our level. Pretty poor from Ricco and Tim to go after him in the first place.

Totally agree,Very poor from Ricco and TH,and to think Iíve seen Ricco called a city legend....

There appears to be no honour amongst thieves any more. It’s very tempting to start a tirade of expletives against our former staff ( but that’s football I suppose ) but to put it mildly very very disappointed if it’s true.

If this is true then itís bordering on criminal, what is going on ?
    Letís see how our new OIC deals with this.
    On Matt Yates....outstanding

I can't find anything about this? Nothing on HFC forum either?
    Smutty boys are lonely boys!

Thanks Matt, best keeper we have had since Lewis Carey in my view and has certainly won us a fair few points this season.

Out of interest if the boot was on the other foot and we had poached a manager from another club and got a few players as well from this club on the basis of offering more money would people on here be up in arms?

Quote Originally Posted by Shurdyrover View Post
    I can't find anything about this? Nothing on HFC forum either?
    Visit yourherfordshire.com

Quote Originally Posted by South bound View Post
    Thanks Matt, best keeper we have had since Lewis Carey in my view and has certainly won us a fair few points this season.

Out of interest if the boot was on the other foot and we had poached a manager from another club and got a few players as well from this club on the basis of offering more money would people on here be up in arms?
    John Murphy brought about eight players with him from Trowbridge in 1994. That didn't go down well.

in this instance I think that either TH or MR has a contact at Derby and see MY as their player and not our player. And have acted on it. Bitterly disappointing move which will be remembered for much longer than they probably spent thinking of the repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by South bound View Post

Like I say I have no issues with players following managers, but for me this is very different as it is a loan player and thus should really have been off limits until the loan had finished. Also taking another clubs goalkeeper is very different from taking an outfield player.

If it is the case that Yates has gone to HFC then they'll need him as 5 are suspended incl Thomas for Saturday's game at Stockport! Don't think Horsell will be happy as he has been pretty decent this season and want on sit on bench!
    Smutty boys are lonely boys!

Looking on Twitter, Hannah has been included in Mangotsfields squad for their FA Trophy game so....
    1) either itís a different Andrew Hannah
    2) we have a new keeper lined up for Saturday
    3) Hannah will be cup tied for the FA Trophy (if the same person!)