Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Matt Yates

It would be nice to hear City's side of things- I presume Derby can recall their player at anytime which is fair enough but to then immediately send the player on loan again is morally wrong! Anyway it is what it is and let us get on with our season hopefully onwards and upwards! I certainly won't set foot in Edgar St again under this management!
    Smutty boys are lonely boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    Wonder if those singing Tim's praises at the weekend are thinking again after this? Now I know players follow managers around and don't have an issue with that, but this stinks in my view and I don't think Derby come out of it very well either. Obviously Hereford have offered more money and they have gone yeah go on then, but given the agreement was until the end of the year it is a pretty poor thing to do recall him and then send him back on loan to another team at our level. Pretty poor from Ricco and Tim to go after him in the first place.
    I guess this comment is aimed at me Dazzler.

Personally I am very disappointed this has happened, even if this is not uncommon in football and something we have benefited from ourselves over the years.

Despite what has happened I am not going to lay into Tim Harris. Over the many years he has been involved with City he has produced numerous successful sides against the odds and despite the budget, but more than that has also worked behind the scenes to the point of exhaustion taking on a number of different roles.

For me that man has a lot of credit in the bank, and I hope never to see him go overdrawn.

I feel a bit like Shandy here (concerning). Tim has always done a lot for us, even when not employed by us, so he doesn't owe us anything.

But Ricco on the other hand I'm not so sure about. We took a punt and gave him a chance to get into coaching and later management, even though it would be hard to say he was an outstanding candidate for either. And this is how he repays our faith in him.

Feels a bit like your best mate moving away and then shagging every ex girlfriend you’ve ever had! In the end it just feels wrong!

Having seen Hereford a few times this season I think In defence of TH he needed a short term fix so used his local knowledge to get players in. If Martin Horsell GK had not been injured last Saturday presumably Matt Yates would have stayed at GC?
    Agree about Tim he did a lot of good for City over the years and should be respected for that, but also agree it is a little galling that he has raided his old club who he knows are struggling. But bugger it lets have a Cup run and move up table!
    Last edited by Shurdyrover; 12-10-18 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by runcorn flag View Post
    Feels a bit like your best mate moving away and then shagging every ex girlfriend you’ve ever had! In the end it just feels wrong!
    You sound like you are talking from experience there mate.

One thing nobody seems to have mentioned and if I've missed something along the line I apologies..... Have we got a goalkeeper for tomorrow??

Quote Originally Posted by Getushome View Post
    You sound like you are talking from experience there mate.
    Haha, no that would involve me having friends or at least a friend!

Hannah or AN other? Not heard a thing

Absolutely disgusted with what has been played out in the last 24hrs, both Hereford and Derby do not come out of this in a good light. Yes they will argue nothing illegal has gone on, but ethically they should take a long hard look at themselves, especially Hereford and the management team.