Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Welcome Chris Todd

Just to bring some perspective - we were all very excited when Chris joined and hoping for the best. We gave him all our support and wanted him to be a huge success.

Sadly it hasn't worked out. We've shown a lot more patience and restraint than any other fans would. But even us, the most tolerant and long-suffering supporters in the country, have had enough. Time to go please Chris. I wish you every success wherever your career takes you, but I can't see it happening here.

From the outset Toddy reminded me of a manager we had in the early 1980s called Paul Richardson. I was very young in those days, but the appointment seemed to me was of someone outside of the pool we normally would go for, and I remember an enhanced sense of optimism and taking the next step. Which if I remember correctly fizzled out in a short tenure.

I have tried to find out a bit more, but in this matter Tiger Roar is not my friend.

I've just spoken to TR, and I can confirm he thinks you're a complete tosser.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

And I have to say I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Shandy. View Post
    From the outset Toddy reminded me of a manager we had in the early 1980s called Paul Richardson. I was very young in those days, but the appointment seemed to me was of someone outside of the pool we normally would go for, and I remember an enhanced sense of optimism and taking the next step. Which if I remember correctly fizzled out in a short tenure.

I have tried to find out a bit more, but in this matter Tiger Roar is not my friend.
    TR would love to have a bit of info from the early 80's. And TR doesn't think you're a tosser, just a bit weird, that's all.

A weird tosser.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandy. View Post
    From the outset Toddy reminded me of a manager we had in the early 1980s called Paul Richardson.
    Paul Richardson had a distinguished playing record with Nottingham Forest and, yes, there was excitement around our appointing him. What we soon learned, as I recall, was that he had no idea how to recruit players for non-league football. I think we had about eight players signed on by late July and I don't think he knew where to find others. They were not available from where he had played his football. He did not stay long. (To clarify, I'm not saying that we only fielded a team of eight ; some must have volunteered to make up the number)

Not a carbon copy of the present circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    A weird tosser.
    There's something to be said for him though. I didn't buy a programme for our festive home schedule (ho-ho) until New Year's Day, not having been at the Dulwich match and so not picked up the bumper edition. This meant, as usual, that I didn't read it until I got home.

I did exchange a word with Handy at the final whistle, but it wasn't to congratulate him on "Shandy's Footballing Christmas" - because I hadn't read it. I'm sure he expected some feedback and so here it is, belatedly : bloody hilarious. Keep writing please

Thank you Noah but the reason I approached you was from the dark place of our calamatous defeat. I just wanted you to tell me it was going to be all right, and to muffle my tears with a soothing embrace.

You just looked at me like was a weird tosser

No one thinks your a tosser Shandy although your trouble and strife said you was good with your hands!