Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup 4Q

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    Did you see him rip us apart at Whaddon? He was that good I went home and googled him... Must be a different Bogle because the last I heard the one that played for Solihull was playing in the championship after a few multi million pound moves.
    No Spanish, thankfully I didn't.

Not an ideal draw but let's make sure we get to play the match at least. A win tomorrow will add some much needed funds to the coffers.

Now we can start talking about it

When did we last beat a team from a higher level of the pyramid than us in a competitive match? Southport? Chippenham (2005ish)? We've not had that many opportunities mind you...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    When did we last beat a team from a higher level of the pyramid than us in a competitive match? Southport? Chippenham (2005ish)? We've not had that many opportunities mind you...
    My guess would be Southport but like you say we haven't had too many chances. I can only think of Luton and FGR (From Bromley's level) since we have been at this level and we should have had a replay at least against Luton.

Were Eastleigh Conference Premier?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Were Eastleigh Conference Premier?
    Nope still South when we played them.

Was it not a Southampton select rather than Eastleigh, if I remember rightly?

And City threw it away when it was almost won!

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    My guess would be Southport but like you say we haven't had too many chances. I can only think of Luton and FGR (From Bromley's level) since we have been at this level and we should have had a replay at least against Luton.
    We should have won the Luton match. At 0-0, in the 83rd minute and in front of the City faithful, Matt Coupe met a cross so well he textbookily headed down into the ground only to see it bounce over the bar. I'm still not sure how it managed to beat both their goalkeeper and the laws of science but not hit the onion bag. We would have won from there.

Can we consider the County Cup competitive - I remember a 4-0 win against some local team or other.