Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup 4Q

FA Cup 4Q

So Bromley at home if we win tomorrow - thoughts?

Never like talking about a round we are not in. But at least it is a home tie if we bring home the bacon tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingo View Post
    So Bromley at home if we win tomorrow - thoughts?
    Bugger....

Bloody good side, I watched them with the in laws (Maidenhead fans)..
    Got Roger Johnson from Birmingham and that Bogel (spelt wrong I know) bloke from FGR...

I too hate seeing the FA Cup draw when we are still at replay stage. Nice carrot, but if the balls drop really well for you it can feel like you've lost twice if you don't progress. I reckon this might have something to do with drawing top tier QPR in 1989(?) when we were pegged back at Ninian Park by Cardiff City, but at least found ourselves in the 3rd round hat - as far as we got. All these years later I actually think it was a blessing in disguise as one of the Hoops best known fans is celebrity heroin addict and part time singer Pete Doherty. Through a series of randoms events I could have that day ended up smacked up off my tits and with a habit that would have destroyed me and all those around me. So, in many respects a lucky escape.

Back to Bromley, it would be an interesting tie for me as I read a few years ago, with much warmth (I was sitting near the fire), a fantastic book by Dave Roberts called 'Home and Away'. Very well written and brought 'non league football' to the coffee table, when previously it had been consigned to the toilet.

Also, for the first time in a few weeks I will be around for a game, and with visiting football fans staying with me (ironically from Kent) then I will be able to bolster the crowd to the value of 6 persons, 64 stone 5lbs, 9 chins and approximately half a metre of hair (excludes pubic).

Come on City!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Tango View Post
    Bloody good side, I watched them with the in laws (Maidenhead fans)..
    Got Roger Johnson from Birmingham and that Bogel (spelt wrong I know) bloke from FGR...
    Ray, if you mean Omar Bogle, the last time I saw him play against City we spanked Solihull 2-0 at their place he didn't look that good. If its another Bogle then ignore my post, but perhaps save it in case we do come up against him again. Or Solihull, when it can be adapted to exclude any named players.

Never good drawing a team from the league above at this stage, but I don't think they are a great side this season and have been struggling on the whole. Not sure their recent run of 3 unbeaten says an awful lot about them either. We would have a chance I think although when was the last time we beat a team from a higher division?

Tough tie IF we do get through tomorrow. Also pretty uninspiring from a potential crowd point of view. Bromley took 50 fans to Solihull a few weeks ago and tend to double that for games in and around the capital. So at Evesham in the FA cup... maybe 70ish? But I wouldn't see it as a "big" attendance relatively speaking, maybe 450. Hope I would be proved wrong with that but Saturday's gate was awful given it was Tom Webb's managerial debut so to speak and the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandy. View Post
    Ray, if you mean Omar Bogle, the last time I saw him play against City we spanked Solihull 2-0 at their place he didn't look that good. If its another Bogle then ignore my post, but perhaps save it in case we do come up against him again. Or Solihull, when it can be adapted to exclude any named players.
    Did you see him rip us apart at Whaddon? He was that good I went home and googled him... Must be a different Bogle because the last I heard the one that played for Solihull was playing in the championship after a few multi million pound moves.

Omar Bugiel the fella from Lebanon