Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 57

Thread: Drew 3-3....

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladfans View Post
    Spot on Colin- it was interesting to see ex Herefordís Mr Beadle watching ( he crushed my hand with a handshake) . I also feel the chairmanís comments in todayís programme reference Ricco being poached.according to RJ ..very distasteful.. will see the end of THís association with GCFC . Football is a funny game though.
    In what way was it distasteful? Fairly obvious that Tim wanted to get on over us, but like I say he might have done us a big favour.

  2. #32
    The player who I'd like to see get a chance is Adam Page. Ricco named him as the outstanding player of pre season, only to drop him after a few games into the league? I know Robert has done well since coming in, but I think the likes of Page, Robert, and Parker behind Harry Williams would be a real handful.
    Just hope the next manager gives him a chance

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    In what way was it distasteful? Fairly obvious that Tim wanted to get on over us, but like I say he might have done us a big favour.
    You must ask the chairman - his choice of words not mine. Agree with your last sentence tho.

  4. #34
    For the neutral it was an exciting game between two evenly matched sides!
    Trouble is they are a league below us and that is where we are in relation to our players and their ability.Fabien being the notable exception.
    Thought we were coasting at 3-1 till the over zealous ref gave them a penalty so soft even their players and supporters never claimed it! Dorking’s third was a rare mistake by our keeper who flapped at a cross but got nowhere near it.
    In dire need of midfield and forwards.
    Still all is not lost, redemption day Tuesday.

  5. #35
    Pims stated it all bad decision and a mistake all is not lost for Tuesday

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    The player who I'd like to see get a chance is Adam Page. Ricco named him as the outstanding player of pre season, only to drop him after a few games into the league? I know Robert has done well since coming in, but I think the likes of Page, Robert, and Parker behind Harry Williams would be a real handful.
    Just hope the next manager gives him a chance
    Wingers are an enigma. How often do they see the ball? If they get it, fuck up and then don't get a touch for another ten minutes then they look anonymous.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    One of the stupiest posts I have seen on here for a while. Go and watch FGR then if that's what you want. If they go bust don't come crawling back to watching City. The glory years were great fun, but we had nothing to show for it and the club nearly went bust and it took years for us to recover. We all want to see a winning team, but it isn't possible and Dorking haven't won every game this season in the league below despite the fact they have clearly spent the cash. Also Ricco may have pissed off, but he didn't get off to a good start today and I would be fairly confident we might end up with a better manager anyway.

    I must admit I knew Dorking were ambitious, but didn't realise they had as much money as that and it had clearly gone under the radar as they were a big price to win their league.
    Whooaaa steady on there Dazzler.

    I can see where you are both coming from - you have to have some of the sweet from time to time, and it builds a fan base, but you shouldn't throw everything at it. The thought that City will never win anything again and always be fighting relegation is a depressing one even for 40 year fans like myself.

    And I can't believe there is any spite or malice from Tim Harris - no way - the club are in his heart and I expect we'll see him back one day in some role or other.

  8. #38
    That is a very level headed post Shandy and spot on.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandy. View Post
    Whooaaa steady on there Dazzler.

    I can see where you are both coming from - you have to have some of the sweet from time to time, and it builds a fan base, but you shouldn't throw everything at it. The thought that City will never win anything again and always be fighting relegation is a depressing one even for 40 year fans like myself.

    And I can't believe there is any spite or malice from Tim Harris - no way - the club are in his heart and I expect we'll see him back one day in some role or other.
    I make no apologies for the post as it quite frankly was a ridiculous thing to say. I am sure we won't always be fighting relegation, but the fact remains at the moment we are probably punching above our weight being at this level and it has been a great achievement to stay there since we got promotion. Some realism is needed and we are going to lose more games than we win this season. If you can't handle that then don't bother watching in the first place. I will be at Billericay on Saturday and to be honest I fully expect us to lose heavily and if we keep it down to 3 or 4 that will be a fair achievement and anything else would be a massive bonus. I am still going to go though despite thinking this.

    As for Tim if he cared that much he wouldn't have gone for Ricco in the first place and I suspect you won't be seeing him back at the club anytime soon if ever.
    Last edited by Darran; 07-10-18 at 06:10 PM.

  10. #40
    Totally agree with Darran.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •