Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tom Webb Retires

Brilliant, thank you Neil.

Thanks Neil, Stourbridge away and Yate at home are my favourites

I bet you struggled to find those 20 goals as well Neil.

One word, legend.

One other word, Yarg!

More disappointed with the ones I don't have. He scored one at Chippenham from a silly angle into the opposite top corner. I was right behind it. I might've even got some kind of photo of it but can't find the ones I took pre-2005

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    More disappointed with the ones I don't have. He scored one at Chippenham from a silly angle into the opposite top corner. I was right behind it. I might've even got some kind of photo of it but can't find the ones I took pre-2005
    Didnít you have to destroy the hard drive for some reason? 😉😂

Oddly enough, Yewtree weren't involved but I did used to have external drives connected to the PC sat on top of it and on at least one occasion managed to get my foot around the USB cable and stood up bringing it with me. They were incredibly fragile

Quote Originally Posted by Kingo View Post
    Thanks Neil, Stourbridge away and Yate at home are my favourites
    Yate at home was my favourite too, in front of his pupils.

That was a good game all round, and a stress free victory, which is a rarity!

Tom Webb played for my 6 a side team several years ago through a third party, which i ran on Mondays ( hence Pims manager). He played like he played every other game with enthusiasm , commitment and care.
    What an honour for me in my 50’s to have such a guy in my humble team.
    A one off, an over used word....legend and more importantly a decent bloke.

Got a bit emotional watching that goals video. Forgot that season where Tom started scoring left footed raspers at Whaddon.

Webby broke into the first team the same year I started following City. It's odd to watch a City team without him. I was hoping he'd return, but understandably that isn't going to happen.

2 things I'd like to say going forward:
    1. I'm all for a fresh start with some new blood at the helm, but please keep Tom in the coaching set-up somewhere. His experience, enthusiasm, and passion is needed.
    2. First game back in Gloucester should be Tom's testimonial.

Thank you Tom.