Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tom Webb Retires

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Got a bit emotional watching that goals video. Forgot that season where Tom started scoring left footed raspers at Whaddon.

Webby broke into the first team the same year I started following City. It's odd to watch a City team without him. I was hoping he'd return, but understandably that isn't going to happen.

2 things I'd like to say going forward:
    1. I'm all for a fresh start with some new blood at the helm, but please keep Tom in the coaching set-up somewhere. His experience, enthusiasm, and passion is needed.
    2. First game back in Gloucester should be Tom's testimonial.

Thank you Tom.
    From what I understand he is going to be part of the coaching set-up so any new manager will have to agree to that and hard to see why one wouldn't.

And if they don't they can do one!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

I know it’s been said many times but thank you Tom for your commitment- effort and loyalty.

Maybe the image on the Ricco flag could be changed !

Cannot really add any more with my basic vocabulary etc

Thank you Mr City

All the best for the future wherever that takes you

Chosen Hill School has announced that there is no truth in a rumour that Mr Webb has given up teaching and retired to Hereford

Thank you for the memories Tom, that goal against Stourbridge was crucial in my eyes as it got the promotion year back on track. Also the one at Stortford made a 6 hour round journey worth it to see Tom break his duck at this level (even though we lost......)

I saw that goal at Stourbridge. Excellent technique from Tom. Important away point and a ground at where Daveangel literally almost pissed himself, so lots of memorable moments

Can you please re-title this thread as clearly Tom has not retired.
    He is still contributing but just in a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandy. View Post
    I saw that goal at Stourbridge. Excellent technique from Tom. Important away point and a ground at where Daveangel literally almost pissed himself, so lots of memorable moments
    Possibly the longest 15 minutes of my life.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

My longest 15 minutes was back in 1993 when I took a pregnancy test and was waiting for the piss stained paper to turn the colour I wanted it to. I then realised that as a bloke I couldn't get pregnant, and I had just wasted both my money and time. And not for the first time. When I was 15 I thought my periods had begun at last, so started sticking tampons up my jacksie, until I realised it was just hemmoroids.

You live and learn