Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Marc and Morph off to Hereford

As good as the analysis has been is there any evidence that their findings have translated to the next game(s)?

I think we over complicate things sometimes. Does it make a player much better than if you slap his ass on the way out of the changing room and tell him to go out and enjoy himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    As good as the analysis has been is there any evidence that their findings have translated to the next game(s)?

I think we over complicate things sometimes. Does it make a player much better than if you slap his ass on the way out of the changing room and tell him to go out and enjoy himself?
    Depends on who was slapping my ass

I thought Ricco was a poor choice when Tim left, but he did superbly well this last season and proved me wrong. This season I have seen us pick up 4 points in 3 games yet we should really have picked up 0 points in those games. What it is worth pointing out though and like I said on another thread we are actually closer points wise to the play-offs than the relegation zone even if position wise we aren't. I think we would have got better as the season went on and we certainly would have stayed up, but I don't see this as bad news at all. I can fully understand why Ricco has gone, I think anyone would have done the same, but he has only got the job because of Tim. He is on a hiding to nothing at Hereford as others have pointed out and I don't think their squad is good enough to be in the play-offs. They have been lucky to have got 3 back to back promotions, but they aren't as big a club as they think they are in that division and their budget would be nowhere near the biggest. Even if Ricco did get them up I couldn't see them leaving the National League anytime soon and the fans have to remember they are a very young club.

As for us this could end up being a really good move. It is finally time to break from the Tim Harris era that we have had for a long time now and get someone from the outside in. There are some very good managers out there either looking for work or that would want to make the step up from the leagues below. I would like us to take some time over the decision and make sure we got the right person in. Webby is more than capable of holding the fort until then. I would imagine there will probably be a lot of cvs to go through. Not surprised to see Beadle's name mentioned although I am not so sure myself. My pick would be Lee Hodges. Did an amazing job at Truro last season, is keen to get back into work and obviously knows the league well.

Analyse the results a bit more;

We played at Concord who were a man down for an entire half yet failed to even trouble their keeper
    Held on for a win against Oxford
    Atrocious against Slough where a 2-1 defeat flattered us
    Absolutely hammered at Bath
    Played a really poor East Thurrock at home who went down to 9 men yet we continued to play defensive football and not go for more goals. Got the 3 points we needed but showed no bollocks frankly
    Won 1-0 at Dulwich, arguably the most impressive performance of the season so far
    Goalless draw with a Torquay side low on confidence, but all that being said a decent point
    2-1 win at Hungerford but Matt Yates had to pull off numerous saves to get the points
    Truro hadn't won a game all season when they came to us, could have been the "new manager" syndrome but we were awful and deserved to lose by more than two. Created nothing
    1-0 defeat at Chippenham where we played generally ok but struggled to create anything of note
    Plymouth Parkway missed chance after chance in the last 30 minutes. Fortunately we took our few chances and got through.
    Eastbourne was very much the same as above, they should have been out of sight and might have been if it wasn't for Yates again

I bet their fans will be wetting their lips with excitement at Tim's latest press release by the way

Morford's move is more to do with how well he works with Richards and not the fact he's a striker;

"He (Richards) is bringing two with him, yes.

"Will Morford, if we look at where we are, is probably not someone I'd get excited about in like he's going to come here and score 20 goals.

"But he could still do a job on the pitch”

It's going to be very interesting, this is the first major change and a complete clean sweep since Chris Burns was here back in 2006.

I agree with TJP as i put on th EB home thread we were set up not to concede as opposed to taking the battle to the opposing sides and unless we get some class signings whoever is in charge will struggle.
    Interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Joly's Publicist View Post
    Analyse the results a bit more;

We played at Concord who were a man down for an entire half yet failed to even trouble their keeper
    Held on for a win against Oxford
    Atrocious against Slough where a 2-1 defeat flattered us
    Absolutely hammered at Bath
    Played a really poor East Thurrock at home who went down to 9 men yet we continued to play defensive football and not go for more goals. Got the 3 points we needed but showed no bollocks frankly
    Won 1-0 at Dulwich, arguably the most impressive performance of the season so far
    Goalless draw with a Torquay side low on confidence, but all that being said a decent point
    2-1 win at Hungerford but Matt Yates had to pull off numerous saves to get the points
    Truro hadn't won a game all season when they came to us, could have been the "new manager" syndrome but we were awful and deserved to lose by more than two. Created nothing
    1-0 defeat at Chippenham where we played generally ok but struggled to create anything of note
    Plymouth Parkway missed chance after chance in the last 30 minutes. Fortunately we took our few chances and got through.
    Eastbourne was very much the same as above, they should have been out of sight and might have been if it wasn't for Yates again
    Agree mainly on that although I would be worried if the Dulwich game really was the best performance of the season as we created sod all that afternoon. Would disagree with Eastbourne though as Yates had little to do.

Now what concerns me is that Ricco might try to tempt some of our better players along with him. Joe? Joe? Harry?

I don't know what an analysis does but it didn't work at city. I don't think any player has improved this season in fact I think some of the have gone the other way, that could have been Riccos negative games plan.