Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Eastbourne

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    You don't know what you're missing.

It's Steve Searle in the bath.
    Unmissable

Quote Originally Posted by kevinanderson View Post
    A couple of things. First and foremost, thank you all for the warm reception for Borough yesterday, and truly heartening to hear that there is finally some real progress at MP. When can we start booking tickets for the first game back....?

Speaking with divided loyalties, I honestly thought it was the most one-sided game I've seen for ages. City apart from the two goals had one serious chance - the break on about 80 mins when Seymour chose to pass to Joe instead of shooting. Eastbourne were hopelessly wasteful in front of goal, otherwise it would have been all over by half-time.

And Eastbourne thought the referee was quite a homer! Penalties? The highlights do show the dramatic City fall, but not the Sam Avery flattening of Walker early on, which was a real lucky escape. Handballs, one apiece but neither worth a penalty. Jack - really sorry to see him get sent off - he used to play for Eastbourne in case you'd forgotten, but the challenge just screamed red. Lovely to catch up with him afterwards, proud Dad of the new twins.

Anyway, great never-say-die fightback, and a score-draw did give everyone something. Best of luck in the Cup next week. Rooting for you against filthy rich Dorking. See you in April and all good wishes.

Biased!

I can’t load or look at attachment 33 ��

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

You can never get hiim when you need him, probibly out sorting the mail!

Those of you struggling to see attachment 33 - hopefully this link will work.

Blimey, I'm out of a job!

Quote Originally Posted by kevinanderson View Post
    A couple of things. First and foremost, thank you all for the warm reception for Borough yesterday, and truly heartening to hear that there is finally some real progress at MP. When can we start booking tickets for the first game back....?

Speaking with divided loyalties, I honestly thought it was the most one-sided game I've seen for ages. City apart from the two goals had one serious chance - the break on about 80 mins when Seymour chose to pass to Joe instead of shooting. Eastbourne were hopelessly wasteful in front of goal, otherwise it would have been all over by half-time.

And Eastbourne thought the referee was quite a homer! Penalties? The highlights do show the dramatic City fall, but not the Sam Avery flattening of Walker early on, which was a real lucky escape. Handballs, one apiece but neither worth a penalty. Jack - really sorry to see him get sent off - he used to play for Eastbourne in case you'd forgotten, but the challenge just screamed red. Lovely to catch up with him afterwards, proud Dad of the new twins.

Anyway, great never-say-die fightback, and a score-draw did give everyone something. Best of luck in the Cup next week. Rooting for you against filthy rich Dorking. See you in April and all good wishes.
    Wasteful up front and making two really bad errors in defence for our goals. Doesn't matter how much you dominate you won't be winning many football matches that way. Also seems you play worse when going up against 10 men and the 2nd time in 3 league games you have conceded a last kick of the game equaliser against a team with 10 men.
    Last edited by Darran; 01-10-18 at 12:05 AM.

Thought we were very fortunate to get anything from that game. We have about 5 players in the squad who aren't up to this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Joly's Publicist View Post
    Thought we were very fortunate to get anything from that game. We have about 5 players in the squad who aren't up to this level.
    Only five name them and shame them, I think we have a reasonable team if the best players was selected to play.

Whilst I agree with Dom Joly and Young Alfie and we know who they are, we had Fabien who is on silly money compared to some of our lads who was quite frankly useless on Saturday. Our budget is what it is, survival is everything this season..again .
    Let’s hope our return solves these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Pims manager again View Post
    Whilst I agree with Dom Joly and Young Alfie and we know who they are, we had Fabien who is on silly money compared to some of our lads who was quite frankly useless on Saturday. Our budget is what it is, survival is everything this season..again .
    Letís hope our return solves these issues.
    I guess Fabien's performance on Saturday shows why he is playing for us on loan and not getting a look in at FGR
    or still in the championship
    Attitude and drive are as important in football as ability as is clear in his case and many players at all levels....