Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eastbourne

I thought they were being kept back for the cup round next week they make a big difference as do Jake Morford. The midfield yesterday was so slow and had no bite at all and the less said about Jamile as a lone striker the better.

Why isn’t Webby playing? Thought he was player coach...

The first goal :)

Attachment 33

The first goal by our Joe Parker

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryMary View Post
    Attachment 33

The first goal by our Joe Parker
    Back of the net!

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/.../videos/132814

Highlights....although they’ve left the red card out

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Van Der Floof View Post
    http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/.../videos/132814

Highlights....although they’ve left the red card out
    I suppose with the camera where it is, and the dugout in the way, I doubt they caught it all. (Apart from the squealing from their bench!)
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by young alfie View Post
    I thought we were bloody awful today ,playing one up front again no Harry or Jake Jackson dropped down to 17 th
    Yet we are closer on points to the play offs than the relegation zone which is certainly better than 17th place suggests.

I can’t load or look at attachment 33 ��

You don't know what you're missing.

It's Steve Searle in the bath.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

A couple of things. First and foremost, thank you all for the warm reception for Borough yesterday, and truly heartening to hear that there is finally some real progress at MP. When can we start booking tickets for the first game back....?

Speaking with divided loyalties, I honestly thought it was the most one-sided game I've seen for ages. City apart from the two goals had one serious chance - the break on about 80 mins when Seymour chose to pass to Joe instead of shooting. Eastbourne were hopelessly wasteful in front of goal, otherwise it would have been all over by half-time.

And Eastbourne thought the referee was quite a homer! Penalties? The highlights do show the dramatic City fall, but not the Sam Avery flattening of Walker early on, which was a real lucky escape. Handballs, one apiece but neither worth a penalty. Jack - really sorry to see him get sent off - he used to play for Eastbourne in case you'd forgotten, but the challenge just screamed red. Lovely to catch up with him afterwards, proud Dad of the new twins.

Anyway, great never-say-die fightback, and a score-draw did give everyone something. Best of luck in the Cup next week. Rooting for you against filthy rich Dorking. See you in April and all good wishes.